PDA

View Full Version : model/rig WIP & a problem if any rigging pro could help

yon dabuda
09-17-2002, 06:05 AM
http://www.tittiwinkle.com/cap.jpg

so i have this great rig for the spine of my character using bones and simple orient effectors.
at the end of this chain of bones, the skull bone, i have my eye objects parented. part of the eye object are two bones, one for each eye, that i have targeted at respected nulls.
everything seems great, but then it doesn't work. the simple effectors that i have controlling the bones in the spine are also having an after effect on the position of eyes bones.
yeah so im sorta stuck and wondering if anyone has run into this and know how to deal with it.
any info would be appreciated. thank you in advance.

Mike RB
09-17-2002, 06:09 AM
hey userdelta! I don't know the answer to your question, but nice to see you over here, and great model. Could you use match goal orientation or follower instead of orient affectors?

Mike

Eugeny
09-17-2002, 06:37 AM
...or just save your eye ball object in separate layer in 0 0 0. Then load to Layout and make child of head bone, move it to normal position. Now u can use simple target null without all this constrain junk... (The eye mast be positioned on +Z direction in modeler)

yon dabuda
09-17-2002, 10:31 AM
hey Mike! thanks a lot, actually i'm a cgtalkaholic. heh, well i visit this place a few times a day just to check out what people are up to. anyhow, i think i will have to re-rig the spine as you suggest because its not working out. :hmm: everything moves so beautifully with this spine rig, its a shame. oh well. anyways, your robotech project is developing rather quickly, and its' very impressive. keep posting, its inspirational :)

Eugeny: thank you for the idea, i've just tried it and the result is the same with or without using bones. i've tried so many different things... even reverse targeting using follower and the null, heh. but no success this time.
i really like your light robot, it reminds me of the machines in the matrix.
and the demon character is really cool too, i love that hair! :)

Eugeny
09-17-2002, 10:43 AM
...strange, it's usually work. Can u post the rig (without this beauty model - because my wife will drop me from window if she see this on my screen :) ) so we can check it. Looks like u have some controllers for neck - head area that cancel out any other stuff like targeting or simple constrain. May be try to simplify that rig.

Bdw. thanx for good words

yon dabuda
09-17-2002, 12:29 PM
no problem.

this is my spine rig for you and anyone else that wants to give it a try.
*removed*
would love to hear what anyone thinks.

Dams
09-17-2002, 01:34 PM
hello,
this is a way to target your eyes ;)

Chewey
09-17-2002, 02:05 PM
Interesting model. Is that the Stu Aitken head?

yon dabuda
09-17-2002, 07:57 PM
Chewey: Stu Aitken? who's that?

Dams: Thanks, i'll give it a try.

evenflcw
09-17-2002, 08:09 PM
Stu Aitken is the guy who made the head used in InsideLW6+7.

This looks great, she's got good "presence" even under openGL. The head looks slightly small, but that might just be the camera zoom. No tips on the rigging.

yon dabuda
09-17-2002, 08:57 PM
Dams: sorry but the result is the same. if you scrub to frame 10, you will notice it is not on target(screencap). actually i've tried that as well :) heh, thanks for trying. oh, and how did you attatch the file like that? i like that.
http://www.tittiwinkle.com/redams.JPG

i mean i can make it so that the eye will key in position, but i need to remove the target if i want to see it when i scrub the timeline.

evenflcw: ahh. that Stu Aitken, i knew that sounded familiar. hehe. thanks

Chewey: nah. its not the same head. this is sub-d starting from a box, and has gone through many revisions :) i think this head i started for the PAchallenge, its changed a bit since then though.

yon dabuda
09-17-2002, 09:51 PM
hey all, thanks for the help, and thanks to SplineGod, i have a new approach to my spinerig. its much more simple and eligant without using all those affectors, and moves beautifully as it does now. just create bone sets and rotate those bones at once :)

Dams
09-17-2002, 09:56 PM
Sorry i forgot something
i try this one and it work, but when you move the timeline the eye do not follow the goal object.
So go to the frame 10 for exemple and move the eye goal and look at the result.

Sorry can't help you more :surprised

yon dabuda
09-18-2002, 01:50 PM
http://www.tittiwinkle.com/wah.gif

re-rigged the spine and some other problem parts, everything is working perfectly.
far its just bones and weight maps, soon i'll have some joint endomorphs on top of that.
hope you enjoy the quick gif. :)

proton
09-18-2002, 02:02 PM
I see atrutorial in there somewhere Yon.....Looks great! thanx for sharing!

Chewey
09-18-2002, 02:20 PM
Very nice work! Lots of great Lightwave talent out there.

Eugeny
09-18-2002, 02:32 PM
I'm glad to see that u fixed this problem...
A skeleton bit wired with all this Follower/ Constrain - so rotating bones is easiest method.
Great work, keep it up :thumbsup:

yon dabuda
09-18-2002, 11:13 PM
thanks all :)

"I see atrutorial in there somewhere" - proton

will try, not sure where to start though. :D

:thumbsup:

proton
09-18-2002, 11:37 PM
start basic and move on from there....you'd be suprised at how many people could learn so much from your skill set...

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.