PDA

View Full Version : set extension

flagsdivide
02-22-2005, 04:22 AM
Hey All-

I made a very small set of just a small dirt area with a guy falling on it. The angle of camera is at a 45 degree looking down at him....Basically I was just standing with a camcorder and shooting him on the ground, but everthing else around this dirt area if is blue as to be able to key it out in a compositing software. Question is, how do I extend this set using a 3d package like maya so it appears that he is in the "outside" world instead of a studio? I mean, I'm trying to build a small cg ground but you could see the lines where the set ends. There is camera movements as well to make it more challenging.

I already tracked it in Boujou and shipped to Maya and I am using a photo of a ground I took to use as a texture map in Maya but you could still see where the set ends.

Any ideas would be so greatly appreciated.

p.hoehsl
02-22-2005, 05:59 AM
I assume that there is a section of your footage of the ground without the guy on it - like before he falls. Take copies of that and fill in the bg behind the key in AE.

Peter

JustinAlvarez
02-22-2005, 11:21 AM
you could try creating a feathered mask around the real dirt plate so that it blends into your 3D ground... although depending on the camera movement and length of the shot, this might involve a fair bit of keyframing the mask.. anyway, just a suggestion. Also try to use the 'real dirt' as a texture for your 3D dirt if, as suggested above, there is a frame without the guy lying over the top of it.

bartrobinson
02-22-2005, 02:04 PM
It might be helpful if we could look at some still frames, if possible.

flagsdivide
02-22-2005, 04:46 PM
I'm sorry, but I'm not computer literate. I don't know how to post photos in threads.

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.