PDA

View Full Version : Shocking news

BlueEyeLizard
02-21-2005, 07:31 PM
Here is a revision of this picture I posted a while back. I figured out how to use the blur tool to make fur. I wanted to know what everyone thought. The background is very simple but Iím wondering if it needs more detail since the FG characters have a lot of detail.

Thanks for your input.

BlueEyeLizard
02-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Ok after I posted this I decide that I hated the background so I reworked it. I also changed his back ear. Please please please give comments! Sometimes I feel like I have the Plague with my zero to few comments that I receive!

Crunktastic
02-22-2005, 02:22 AM
It looks good man. One thing that stands out at me - the bird doesn't quite look like it is standing on the Zebra. Maybe the feet should be repositioned a bit.

BlueEyeLizard
02-22-2005, 03:50 PM
Well I was having problems with those toes. I guess I will try foreshortening them more. Maybe adding more shadow on his nose where the bird is standing

BlueEyeLizard
02-22-2005, 05:31 PM
Here is a new version of the birds feet. I also darkend them a bit. Does this look better?

BlueEyeLizard
02-23-2005, 04:48 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/BlueEyeLizard/NewZebra.jpg

Look what I figured out how to do!
I NEED OPINIONS & SUGGESTIONS! it's no fun talking to myself!

Check out my birds new feet! Does it look better?

Alex Worthy
02-23-2005, 05:05 PM
mmhmm. yep the feet look better. It's a nicely done painting as far as technique goes, I just wish the zebra showed a little more emotion. I'd like to see the concept pushed a little farther and the zebras expression really exagerated. Anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about the birds feet or anything, it looks very nice.

hjalmar
02-23-2005, 05:17 PM
i like it:) if you really wanna push it you can give the zebra fur lines down his...uhh..fur:P

and yea:P maybe detail the feathers/beak with shadows and highlites in lil bumps and such:)

i think this will turn out to be a good piece

xuanye
02-23-2005, 05:18 PM
nice!~im attached to it

Squibbit
02-23-2005, 10:02 PM
I NEED OPINIONS & SUGGESTIONS! it's no fun talking to myself!

lol, sorry i, i actually viewed this once but forgot it in a hurry

the bird's feet do look better in the newer version.

don't know about the zebra mane...real zebra mane goes more straight up i think

BlueEyeLizard
02-23-2005, 11:09 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v698/BlueEyeLizard/Zebra2.jpg

Thank you for all of your comments! I feel loved again! :love:

I tried adding a bit more expression to the zebra. I dropped the lower jaw and gave him light worry lines. I also darkened some of his shadows on his face.

Zebras mane do go straight up but I was having difficulty due to the turn of the head. How do you show foreshortened straight up poky mane? I might have to experiment. Maybe decreasing the thickness at the base may help.

Thanks

BlueEyeLizard
02-23-2005, 11:10 PM
Oooookkkk I dont know why my picture is huge! Sorry about that.

Alex Worthy
02-24-2005, 12:24 AM
I think the jaw is a definate improvement. Another thing you could try would be to widen his eye, show some white around the iris.

CGTalk Moderation
02-24-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.