PDA

View Full Version : What's going on? (3ds max modeling error)

ronok
02-21-2005, 07:27 PM
Ok, so I just started teaching myself modeling in 3ds max and things seemed to be going well, but, I then noticed a strange face had been added, or hadn't been edited atleast. It now doesn't match up to the alignment of the edge.

Maybe it would be better if I just show you the problem.
http://conbox.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/problem.JPG

Ok so as you can (kinda) see the face overlaps the edge and completely ignores the fact that I've edited the position of the vertex. Could anyone give me some advice on how to fix this?

polygun
02-21-2005, 09:04 PM
Connect the two verts and it will be fixed

Edit: you should be in editable poly mode. Right click > convert to> editable poly

ronok
02-21-2005, 10:06 PM
I'm not really sure what you mean by connecting the vertices. Well I know, but, it isn't helping in what I want to do. You see the arrow is pointing to a face I don't want to be there at all. Infact, it shouldn't be there as there is no mesh to support it. Infact I even tried deleting the face it seems to be part of but this is still left there for no reason.

Blah, just as my post goes up I work out how to fix it. Ignore this thread if you want. ^^;

Oh and for reference.... I deleted the area in question and then selected the edge and clicked cap.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.