PDA

View Full Version : jump around

thehive
02-21-2005, 06:02 PM
heres a jump im working on for practice let me know what i can do to make it better thanks

http://www.transonicaviation.com/3dpic/animations/jp.mov

jchristo
02-21-2005, 09:41 PM
Overall, it looks pretty good. I would go in and add a little bigger anticipation to the jump. Either that or lower the height of the jump. Right now it looks like hes jumping a little to high for the amount of energy hes using.

Kimotion
02-22-2005, 04:20 AM
Or, you can make the anticipation bigger...stoop or bend down more. Slow down the dip as well.

When he lands, he seems a bit too light. You should exaggerate dip after the landing so it will give him more weight.

Just my 2 cents.

F3D
02-22-2005, 04:53 AM
yeah more anticipation...but more importantly, streatch the legs out before he lands the first time, and the second time..right now they are still bent mid-air..he should be "reaching" for the floor with his legs..
also, when in mid-air on the second jump, make his hands reach for the sky..right now they are just like the legs, bent..
you got good timing overall, but if you use a longer anticipation, just about 10 frames or so..you'll get a faster jump, right now it's ok..could be better..
kinda looks like he's loosing his balance before the second jump, dont know if you want that or not..but its cool :)

gg!! :)

thehive
02-22-2005, 01:17 PM
thanks guys for the input ill take a look in to that , i have notice that the anticipation is a bit lax after playbasting a couple of times , jus tryin to block the end jump , any suggestion welcome

thehive
03-03-2005, 02:06 PM
hers an update of the jump still workin some things out on it

http://www.transonicaviation.com/3dpic/animations/jp3.mov

marktsang
03-03-2005, 03:51 PM
hi,
he seems to move to quickly after the second landing i would allow him to settle into the landing pose for longer before he starts to run off

good work

mark

thehive
03-03-2005, 04:43 PM
ive been noticing that too ill get on it

thehive
03-15-2005, 01:39 PM
heres an updated version let me know realy critique it anything that you dont like tell me so i can fixit. thanks

http://www.transonicaviation.com/3dpic/animations/jp4.mov

things to work on

more timing
ARMS!
spacing
2nd landing
the last flip

droidoz
03-15-2005, 02:23 PM
Hey, the one thing I noticed directly was the timing of the last flip and ofcourse that the rest was pretty cool! If you correct your own List of things to work on, i think it will be a good animation

thehive
03-15-2005, 02:33 PM
thanks! should be done this week hopefully

Wilson-3d
03-15-2005, 06:08 PM
I think it is looking good. I just keep wanting to see one more step on his left foot before the first jump off the platform. I think it would look better then the right foot just coming up a little and then jumping off of it. Just an idea. Nice work.

thehive
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
ok ill try that, sounds good

CGTalk Moderation
03-15-2005, 06:11 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.