PDA

View Full Version : Flickering with multiple particles

Goranzilla
02-21-2005, 05:25 PM
Hello all, got a little problem when rendering out my particles.. I've got two particles coming from almost the same position, and when playing them back they seem to not know which group of particles is suppose to be in front of the other, causing flickering of the whole particle objects.

Does anyone know why this is?

Also, I've heard a solution to the black edges on sprites is to turn off premultiplikation in the render globals. I'm using 4.5 and that solution is for 6 I think.. is there anything one can do to fix it in 4.5?

Thanks in advance.. : )

Madbird
02-25-2005, 03:08 PM
hmm havent tested if this works. But regarding the flickering have you tryed clicking the "depth sort" tab in the render attributes section on your particleShape?

Goranzilla
03-01-2005, 09:56 AM
Did try this yes.. but the problem's still there. I think depth sort only sorts the particles in the same particleShape, not the depth between a few different ones... if that makes sense. ; ) Still clueless here. : (

ashishdantu
03-01-2005, 01:49 PM
hi there,

if it does in the render try adjusting the max clipplane value of the camera ...

and i heard turning off the Auto exposure option in the defaultGlow Shader, if at all u used glow..might help..http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

but if u get any solution, pls share it with us..

bol !

CGTalk Moderation
03-01-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.