PDA

View Full Version : n00b drawing of dude w/ spear

captainalan
02-21-2005, 04:16 PM
http://www.geocities.com/bobjoey2003/cover.jpg
Yes, I'm a n00b using "The Gimp" because I cannot afford photoshop. This was just learning how to use the tools, but what does everyone think?

hjalmar
02-22-2005, 04:37 AM
its got potential, but is he holding the spear or is he trying to pull it out? i cant really tell

i recently tried the gimp myself, and had to run back to PS with my tail btwn my legs cause i felt like i was using a mac *shudders* i dont think i would mind it so much if it had a back to it...but anyways...back on topic here

i think if you:

a) bloodied it up, and had the spear dissipear into his chest, maybe continue thru a tad to make it look like hes just been stabbed

or

b) changed the position of the arms on the spear, and moved the head so it was looking forward like he was charging if he was holding it, and define the tip more

also, you could clean up the hair a tad, like, paint in those white spots, oh...and his forward hand (his left) looks like its been twisted too much, try and straighten the forarm/wrist area and make it more comfterable looking

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.