PDA

View Full Version : My Creating Motion Graphics Vol 1 CD cracked and I can't recover the files...

abie1
02-21-2005, 04:36 AM
As stated in the title to this thread, I own a copy of the great book: "Creating Motion Graphics Vol 1". However, yesterday I went to work on some of the tutorials and went I put the project CD in the drive and it wouldn't read it. When I took it out and looked at it I saw that the CD was cracked. If anyone out there has this CD, can you help? I already e-mail trish meyer and she gave me the link to the publisher's site; I sent them an e-mail so that they would sent out a CD for me but God only knows how long that's gonna take. And plus I have to pay for shipping for the CD. Idealy, if someone could zip the files and e-mail them to me, that would be awesome. Orrrrrrr, we could hook up on MSN messenger and just transfer the files like that. Anyway, if anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it, the book is useless w/out the tutorial files. Thank you.

ald1225
02-21-2005, 05:43 AM
I don't have the book nor the cd but I know in my area they actually have it in the public library, check the website of your local library system.

abie1
02-21-2005, 03:09 PM
I don't have the book nor the cd but I know in my area they actually have it in the public library, check the website of your local library system.

Riiiiiiiight, but I know someone somewhere has this cd that can help me out and I would prefer that than running around to all the libraries in Miami (which all suck btw) just to find out someone checked it out and never brought it back. This is serious to me. This book cost a lot of money, those of you who have it know, and w/out the cd, it's useless. I also posted on Creative Cow and on one has responded. It's a bit dissapointing to be honest. Thanks anyway though, for your response.

rosem
02-21-2005, 03:13 PM
If it's that seriouis why don't you do what the man suggested and check out the library. Chances are that in the big city of Miami someone will have it for you to check out - and you're problem will be solved.

ald1225
02-21-2005, 04:34 PM
Don't you guys have a library website? so you actually don't have to drive around, you just put the title of the book and it pops up saying if the book is there or not?

abie1
02-21-2005, 05:00 PM
I just checked the database of the entire library system in the city of miami; they only have one of the CMG books, it's the wrong one, and it's lost. For those of us who do have a life; I work full-time, I don't go to school, I did that already, I don't have tons of time to be runnin around playing sherlock holmes so don't question me...if you don't wanna help don't post your smart alec replies; if there's someone out there who can help me then help me if not forget it.

vinteg
02-21-2005, 09:58 PM
Chill Abie,

I was in the same situation when I bought the same book (2nd edition, version 5.5) two years ago. I remember that it took about a week or so for them to deliver the disk. Since then, all of the tutorial books I buy, I immediately put the disk into a secure cd case.

You can still read the book from beginning to end and just play with After Effects on your time off. I personally didn't even use the CD. I thought the CD was useless. The book did the explaining. I just used other footage and stills that I had instead until the CD arrived.

Unfortunately, I lend the book and cd to a friend and stilling waiting for it to return.

lasvideo
02-22-2005, 03:47 AM
Maybe prayer can help here.

-Vormav-
02-22-2005, 04:58 AM
Abie, I can't send you all of the files, but if you let me know what chapters you're trying to work on, I'm sure I could email the materials for a couple of the chapters to you.

ald1225
02-22-2005, 06:46 AM
I just checked the database of the entire library system in the city of miami; they only have one of the CMG books, it's the wrong one, and it's lost. For those of us who do have a life; I work full-time, I don't go to school, I did that already, I don't have tons of time to be runnin around playing sherlock holmes so don't question me...if you don't wanna help don't post your smart alec replies; if there's someone out there who can help me then help me if not forget it.

Geez, please calm down, I did not say that to be a smart alec, I said that because it's a possibility. I guess living in my area has its benefits.

torbjorn
02-23-2005, 10:09 AM
SORRY, just read what you wrote and you already tried that!! ;)

isn't there a possibility that the publisher of the book could send you a new disc, if you explain your dilemma? i don't know if this works, though, i'd give it a shot! allthough, the book cost a lot of money, and the disc prolly cost shit! take care / tobey

rosem
02-23-2005, 11:03 AM
SORRY, just read what you wrote and you already tried that!! ;)

isn't there a possibility that the publisher of the book could send you a new disc, if you explain your dilemma? i don't know if this works, though, i'd give it a shot! allthough, the book cost a lot of money, and the disc prolly cost shit! take care / tobey

HAHA, aparently you didn't read this either :)

"I sent them an e-mail so that they would sent out a CD for me but God only knows how long that's gonna take. And plus I have to pay for shipping for the CD"

anesthan
02-25-2005, 02:01 AM
hi

I think i have that book but i have never used the cd. I'll try ther cd and tell you if mine works then we can organise something

Anesthan

CelestiaLegends
02-26-2005, 04:31 AM
Well, I can't send you a diskful of AE trials and plugins and goodies, (3GB!) but if you just need to follow the lessons, I've uploaded the files for you:

http://s32.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=0AKXNBEK5AF1G2SBIKBOGKL19A

Note: Yousendit.org files are only stored for a week, so download it now if you need it ^_~

CGTalk Moderation
02-26-2006, 05:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.