PDA

View Full Version : Problem with rebuilding in Whidbey

bdeda
02-20-2005, 01:54 PM
I'm trying to learn how to write plugins for Maya, and recently had to switch to using Visual Studio 2005 Express Beta for compiling these plugins. (Was using Dev-C++, but can't seem to get a plugin to compile with it).

I'm having problems trying to recompile after making adjustments to my code. I can load a sample helloWorld and build| build thisProject.cpp and can get a successful build, but then VC won't let me rebuild. I can't even close the program. I end up having to ctrl-alt-del the beast. I get a message sometimes that says "the program cannot be closed. If the debugger is running, please resume or close it." So the debugger starts automatically?

here's my output from the build:

Compiling...
GoRollingCmd.cpp
pluginMain.cpp
RollingNode.cpp
Generating Code...
Linking...
Creating library .\Debug/GoRolling.lib and object .\Debug/GoRolling.exp
Merging manifest files...
Creating browse information file...
Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 8.00.40607
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Build log was saved at "file://c:\MayaProgramming\Plugins\GoRolling\Debug\BuildLog.htm"
GoRolling - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

after that, the build menu changes. "stop build""project|rebuild only..."

What do I do now so I can keep working without closing down the program and restarting?

Sorry in advance if this is just a plain stupid question, but I think dev-c++ is just more intuitive of a gui.

StefanDidak
02-20-2005, 08:11 PM
What do I do now so I can keep working without closing down the program and restarting?

Wait for the final release?

It's labeled a beta for a good reason. There's still issues with the IDE where it stops responding, etc. It might be easier to just take a step back to VSN2003 instead.

bdeda
02-20-2005, 11:23 PM
..or I could just compile from the comand line with makefiles.

Sure would be nice to just use g++ with Dev-c++. I hear that's not possible though with building maya plugs in win2K.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.