PDA

View Full Version : Rendering problem with transparency and fog

GabaGhoul
02-20-2005, 05:30 AM
I'm using the Maya software renderer to render an animation with light fog. There happens to be many polyplanes in the scene mapped with animated transparent textures. The scene for the most part looks great except for the parts where the light fog(cast from a spot) overlaps this transparency. In the cone where they combine there seems to be a lot of dirty pixels rendering. It looks as if these pixels are be being rendered on the planes at the edges of the alpha and since each frame a new map is loaded for the transpency the pixels shift, causing noise. I've tried altering the Output Settings>Depth Type(found in the Camera Attribute Editor) from Furthest Visible Depth to Closest Visible Depth but it did not seem to help. I was also thinking as a last resort if I just composited the fog over the background that would probably work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks in advance.

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2006, 06:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.