PDA

View Full Version : Arnold Schwarzenegger Caricature (art)

StylusMonkey
02-20-2005, 05:41 AM
Arnold is one of my heroes, so I decided to do a quick rendition of him in his most enduring persona - the "I am the king, and you are a girly man" smirk. oh, if any of you havne't seen Pumpin' Iron, go rent it, its a greak flick.

4 hours, graphite pencil on paper + photoshop + corel painter.

http://www.users.on.net/~bobbyeow/Art/Arnold.jpg

- m

jramauri
02-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Nice work. But I think caricatures work better if you explore the jerky side of everyone. He would be more expressive with his large, big teeth smile, or doing reference for something that he had done, like his movies, or his election. You could have painted him, too.

ameermagdy
02-20-2005, 09:25 PM
Nice One there, I love it!

Ilikesoup
02-21-2005, 01:13 AM
A really nice likeness and I like the proportions like the tree trunk neck. I've got a few nitpicky crits, though. Hope you don't mind:

The shading on his nose makes me think that it's indented at the tip.

His right eye is looking up while his left is pointed toward the viewer.

To emphasize the smirk, I think his mouth should be at an angle (about 20%).

Shading on his neck looks about twice as dark as that on his face.

Is this for fun? I'd love to see more of your caricatures.

Gabe
02-21-2005, 03:06 AM
Looks good but a caricature need to be more over the top IMO.

cgclay
02-21-2005, 07:09 AM
I love it. Arnold is really a character. The only thing that bugs me about this is the wrinkles in the neck that extend into the right side of the image. They seem a bit to defined compared to the rest of the washed out neck in that area

bkboggy
02-21-2005, 07:20 AM
Darn.. Ilikesoup saw it first... but I noticed the thing with the eyes too. I don't know if it was intentional but it looks weird.

v2vishal
02-21-2005, 09:12 AM
Yo..Arnie looks cool dude.:thumbsup:

Pixelcritter
02-22-2005, 10:08 AM
It looks good, but for a caricature it seems sorta 'blah'. It needs to be so witty that if Arnold were to see this he would want to hunt you down and terminate you.

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.