PDA

View Full Version : Renderig wireframe on shaded but with aliasing?

SJames
02-20-2005, 04:42 AM
Is there a way.. i recall a way where you could render backface culled wires and then just a shaded pass and add them together but that seems like a lot of work.

All I want is what I see when I have wireframe on shaded on but aliased. hardware just gives me wireframes I can see through. Vectors lines are too thick... there must be an easy way, this is just stupid!

Thanks.

itsallgoode9
02-20-2005, 05:41 AM
automatic uv map, snapshot the uv map, invert the uv map (either in the hypershade, or photoshop) then apply to the color attribute of your shader.
I think this is what you are wanting

SJames
02-21-2005, 12:35 AM
that wont work i have thousands of objects in my environment. i can't figure out how to put backface culling on all my object because it isn't in att spreadsheet. also, when i use backface culling i see through my objects.. i want a render that looks just like wireframe on shaded mode but it's hard :(

ulei
02-21-2005, 10:43 AM
backface culling on all objects:
Display>Custom Polygon Display

and if you do not like vector-rendering, then you can still use the old playblast, with wireframe and 'CurrentPanel'>Shading>Smooth Wireframe.

EDIT: wireframe on shaded -> change wirefrime color to black, give all objects a white 100% ambient shader, switch to wireframe on shaded, enable smooth wireframe -> playblast

amirjahanlou
02-21-2005, 12:20 PM
you can also use hardware rendering, Switch backface culling on for your polygons and set rendering type as wireframe in HW render attributes and render the sequence.

The only disadvantage in this case is you have to stick to default widt of wires unless ou modify it in post.

Hope it works

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.