View Full Version : Lego Star Wars Game Trailer

Lord3d2
02-19-2005, 01:40 AM
Provided by IESB.net

Check it out at

Gallery:

http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/LegoSW

Trailer:

http://inlandempirestrikesback.net/v-web/gallery/albums/LegoSW/lego_trailer1.wmv

Interview:

http://www.iesb.net/movies2/movie102604.php

What do you think?

Gentle Fury
02-19-2005, 03:10 AM
wow, they've really run out of ways to exploit this franchise haven't they......what's next,

Star Wars Cereal: The Game!!!

wrench000
02-19-2005, 07:49 AM
I think Lucas has run out of exploits for his work.

R1PPER
02-19-2005, 08:42 AM
You lot dont half moan when anything star wars or Pixar pops up. Looks really good to me...Id seriously consider getting a console version of this....and im 30.

Mungo J
02-19-2005, 08:48 AM
this game was announced quite a few months ago, but anyway,

i don't see it as too bad a thing, they are two huge licences, yes, and they are brought together in a videogame to make money, yes, but if you find out a bit more (couldn't find much on the net, but edge gave it a good preview - from an initially sceptical pov a few issues ago) they are actually putting some quite interesting and fun sounding features in, and judging from the trailer it could be very funny as well.

you could call it exploitation, but if it's fun and well realised and doesn't actually go against any of the values of lucas' work, then i say bring it on.

EDIT: wrote mine while you were writing r1pper, and couldn't agree more,

percydaman
02-19-2005, 01:26 PM
looks hilarious! almost looks more like a fanfilm then a game... Love the part when the lego jedi looks at his lightsaber and shakes it as it wont turn on... :bounce:

Lord3d2
02-19-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah, pretty funny.

veljko-lemonade
02-19-2005, 07:04 PM
the still shots are not impressive,
but i like the animation and the overall feel of the trailer!

t-man152
02-20-2005, 02:54 AM
its a video game about star wars using legos. not just legos were you get to assemble them its a regular star wars game where the graphics use Legos

this is blowing my mind away.

who decides hey a star wars games would sell like mad lets make one and then someone adds lets add legos it will make it better.

or maybe lego decided to use their star wars license to make a game.

I think its the second one but it would be so much funnier if it was the first scenario

Gentle Fury
02-20-2005, 04:11 AM
this game was announced quite a few months ago, but anyway,

i don't see it as too bad a thing, they are two huge licences, yes, and they are brought together in a videogame to make money, yes, but if you find out a bit more (couldn't find much on the net, but edge gave it a good preview - from an initially sceptical pov a few issues ago) they are actually putting some quite interesting and fun sounding features in, and judging from the trailer it could be very funny as well.

you could call it exploitation, but if it's fun and well realised and doesn't actually go against any of the values of lucas' work, then i say bring it on.

EDIT: wrote mine while you were writing r1pper, and couldn't agree more,

Actually, I saw the stills and I watched the trailer and I still think it looks aweful. It's just another completly overmade product. It's episode I, II, and III in lego format.....yay, original.

Why don't they make a Pog version video game next, where it's the same story only instead of crappy lego animation its flat disks of cardboard that tilt to denote movement and talking.

Come on.....it's just more star wars fanboy masterbation material.

kevb3d
02-20-2005, 05:25 AM
You know...

I grew up playing with Legos. I had them before any Star Wars or Harry Potter or LOTR pieces existed. We had to make our own. I had the Galaxy Commander, and I was able to make X-Wing fighters and Empierial Shuttle Craft with those pieces provided.

Recently, I went into a Lego store, and WHOA, I saw a Star Destroyer...3 FEET LONG! I applaud Lego for doing these tie-ins, and I support a game based on this, regardless of the "cheeze" factor. It would be cool for a BattleStar Galactica set as well.

Kev

Mungo J
02-20-2005, 06:27 AM
Gentle Fury: I don't understand in what way your comments are aimed at my post, i think it looks interesting and could be fun, and you think it's awful, which is your entitled opinion but bears no relation to my post. the thread was started to gain people's opinions on the game, i'm glad you've shared yours, but what did mine have to do with it?

as for your mentioned masturbatory habits, i would have thought that lucas purists would be repelled by this game due to it's lego representation, i think people interested in a comical and different videogame with a nostalgic twist are more likely to enjoy this game.

Reepoman
02-22-2005, 04:49 PM
Actually, I saw the stills and I watched the trailer and I still think it looks aweful. It's just another completly overmade product. It's episode I, II, and III in lego format.....yay, original.

Why don't they make a Pog version video game next, where it's the same story only instead of crappy lego animation its flat disks of cardboard that tilt to denote movement and talking.

Come on.....it's just more star wars fanboy masterbation material.

R u kidding me? it's so cute and quirky, I think you're taking it a bit too hard matey. I know what your saying tho about starwars stuff in general, but it looks like they have done a top job on this game. See it for what it is and not just another starwars money making game. I like FPS and westwood games, RA2 and generals and I own no starwars games, but I am going to buy this one when it comes out!

CGTalk Moderation
02-22-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.