PDA

View Full Version : Maya Licencing Issue

thewave
02-19-2005, 12:19 AM
I recently bought a student version of Maya Unlimited 6.0. I had to reconfigure my ethernet card since I had to replace my motherboard and now I keep getting licence issues when starting maya? I have an activation code and I enter it, but it was for my old ethernet address...I tried calling them tonight, but they are closed. Does anyone have some advice on how to handle this or who to get a hold of at Alias to help out or when to call them so I know they are open?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Benjamin Dean

JasonA
02-19-2005, 04:50 PM
I'm not sure what you mean when you say you had to 'reconfigure' your ethernet card.

If I recall correctly, Maya licenses to the mac addy of your ethernet card. So if its the same card, shouldn't the mac addy be the same? If you replaced the card with a new one, then the mac addy will be different. Then you won't be able to license Maya until you pay Alias for a license transfer fee ($150). Since you have a student copy, you might have to arrange this through your reseller, I don't know if Alias will deal with you directly.

If this ends up being the case, I'd recommend that you buy a dongle from Alias, and then relicense your copy of Maya to that.

Shogmaster
02-19-2005, 05:09 PM
His old mobo might had the ethernet port integrated like both of my computers.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.