PDA

View Full Version : C & C on Rooster Project.

BillFX
02-19-2005, 01:00 AM
I am working on designing a logo for a friend of mine. Now I am no expert logo designer or anything like that, but I thought that this would be a good project for me to get myself back to drawing. I made a outline of the rooster, but found out that they want a cartooonish looking rooster. Now I am not any good at that. Basically I need help with ideas or examples of how to re-draw a cartoonish rooster. Here is the picture. It is going to have tennis shoes and a baseball cap.

http://img204.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img204&image=roosterlogoyancy3ii.jpg

robotJAM1
02-19-2005, 06:14 PM
What you've got looks pretty cool, try making it rounder for a cartoon style and remove some of the detail, remember for a logo it has to be able to be small and you still see what it is. Alternatively forget logo design its a pain in the backside, the last one I did took 37 attempts before the client decided they liked what they saw.

Ilikesoup
02-20-2005, 12:13 AM
I'ts a great bit of linework, but will be tough to put believable sneakers on those feet. I'm thinking of a Foghorn Leghorn kind of rooster but with a better physique. No real indication of feathers except for his tail and his feathers all the way down to his sneakers. Maybe put him in a sweatsuit with a whistle hanging around his neck. The baseball cap could be a novelty style hat with the crown sewn on the top.

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.