angus1965
02-18-2005, 11:18 PM
http://movies.yahoo.com/shop?d=hv&id=1808589476&cf=trailer

WeirdoStudio
02-19-2005, 04:59 PM
Loooks sweeeeet....

SheepFactory
02-19-2005, 06:00 PM
The planes design is very nice but i have no expectations from the movie considering who the director is. In my book he is up there with Dr. Uwe Boll.

Paul-Angelo
02-19-2005, 06:09 PM
Looking forward to this one! Love the design of the jets. I think I remember a while back someone posted a picture of one of the jets on a carrier and some people thought it was a real jet.

Backlund
02-19-2005, 06:33 PM
Why would Jamie Foxx do this after stuff like Collateral and Ray?
I don't get it...

Mysterious X
02-19-2005, 09:08 PM
I don't get it...

what do you expect him to do ?? just sit and wait ?

DeathTrip
02-19-2005, 09:38 PM
sitting and wating would be better than being part of a stinker like this.

its not like he is in desperate need of money...

-Vormav-
02-19-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't get it...

Probably for the same reason that he starred in The Player's Club in '98, and Held Up in '99.
;)

Bentagon
02-19-2005, 09:57 PM
Looks like a cool action flick. Nothing more, and nothing less.
And about Foxx: maybe he had already signed before collateral and ray became such hits? Who cares anyhow, he might crank up the level a bit :)

- Benjamin

harlan_hill
02-19-2005, 09:57 PM
How stupid!!

It makes me sick that hollywood studios would rather spend money making a steaming pile of sh!t like this than give money to a couple of smaller quality films.

percydaman
02-19-2005, 10:03 PM
wow..."b" movie plot on "a" movie budget... If you can get past the plot, you might be able to enjoy it...

SheepFactory
02-19-2005, 10:05 PM
I just hope they paid a bit more attention to the props this time. in XXX the rocket launcher was a sony handycam with a cylinder taped to it.

hypercube
02-19-2005, 10:14 PM
Yeah it definitely LOOKS cool, borrowing a bit too much from other things for me, but wtf. I'll give it a rent for sure just to see all the nifty planes and action.

As for why Foxx would do this, it's not like as soon as you have some legit success in more serious roles you have to stop making every other kind of movie..some people do that, but others end up in a really wide range of things, and mix serious with stupid. As long as you don't make the bomb of all bombs, no one seems to mind. Look at Hilary Swank doing things like The Core inbetween winning an oscar and then going on to more big serious stuff like Million Dollar Baby..though one would debate why ANYONE was in The Core, I'm just sayin'. :)

Srek
02-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Someone remember this thread (http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?t=157112)?
Sadly the links to the original images from the poster are not available any more.
The trailer failed to interest me :(

Cheers
Srek

Backlund
02-19-2005, 10:30 PM
As for why Foxx would do this, it's not like as soon as you have some legit success in more serious roles you have to stop making every other kind of movie..some people do that, but others end up in a really wide range of things, and mix serious with stupid. As long as you don't make the bomb of all bombs, no one seems to mind. Look at Hilary Swank doing things like The Core inbetween winning an oscar and then going on to more big serious stuff like Million Dollar Baby..though one would debate why ANYONE was in The Core, I'm just sayin'. :)

You have a point there... Guess I'm just disappointed to see Foxx in such a cheesy movie.
I think he's a great actor. But as already mentioned, maybe he could save it from disaster.

Bonedaddy
02-19-2005, 10:45 PM
It's like Jaws... but with a killer airplane! Genius!

(props to all the folk who worked on the effects, it's looking nice)

WhiteRabbitObj
02-19-2005, 10:50 PM
I've been waiting for the trailer since the end of the summer when I left DD. I can't wait for this film, it's going to be great! Awesome stuff from all the folks from DD.

And for those doubters about this film... from what I know, without going into details I can't talk about... it'll be kind of like Top Gun meets Terminator. Most hilarious premise ever in my opinion. Anyone who loves cheesy popcorn flicks with great effects, especially ones with airplanes (like me) is in for a treat!

[edit] Actually got through the trailer and they give the whole premise away anyhow, so I can give my opinion on that now... LIGHTNING hits a plane and makes it SENTIENT? I mean come on, this is going to be hilariously great.

My Fault
02-19-2005, 11:04 PM
That trailer was like Cliff's Notes for cinema. Effects look awesome (like we would expect less from DD) but story looks lame as all get out. Will definitely throw on my Netflix "Nobrain" personality queue

Jaycee77
02-19-2005, 11:06 PM
Isn't this just an updated Top Gun basically?

Nando
02-19-2005, 11:25 PM
Isn't this just an updated Top Gun basically?

With a lil bit of Macross Plus ;)

fx look nice though

beaker
02-19-2005, 11:32 PM
You have a point there... Guess I'm just disappointed to see Foxx in such a cheesy movie.
I think he's a great actor. But as already mentioned, maybe he could save it from disaster.I guess you never saw Booty Call or In living color?

SheepFactory
02-19-2005, 11:35 PM
booty call was a awesome movie what are you talking about? :)

Backlund
02-20-2005, 12:10 AM
Hey, you gotta start somewhere... :)
I know he's done some less-than-great things in the past, of which I have seen none.

hypercube
02-20-2005, 12:32 AM
Isn't this just an update Top Gun basically? .. Top Gun meets Terminator .. With a lil bit of Macross Plus
Heh, definitely Macross Plus..and a little Wargames thrown in for good measure. Or how about Deal of the Century? Anyone remember that one?

"Just a little touchup!" :D

jackburton
02-20-2005, 03:44 AM
The effects look great, especially that shot of the plane landing on the deck. The plane designs reminded me of the plastic model kits for "secret stealth plane", but that was before anyone knew what an F117 looked like. I just don't buy Jessica Biel as a fighter pilot though.:D

Solothores
02-20-2005, 05:01 PM
Looking forward to this one! Love the design of the jets. I think I remember a while back someone posted a picture of one of the jets on a carrier and some people thought it was a real jet.

yeah, actually it was posted in the aircraft section of a major military page and marked as new secret stealth aircraft development. however, the airforce guys pretty fast reveiled it as hoax, since it bears some fundamental design flaws that would make it never work in real.

Cheers
Solo

zappenduster
02-20-2005, 06:40 PM
yeah, actually it was posted in the aircraft section of a major military page and marked as new secret stealth aircraft development. however, the airforce guys pretty fast reveiled it as hoax, since it bears some fundamental design flaws that would make it never work in real.

Cheers
Solo

do you still have the link to that discussion somewhere ?

capone_adam
02-20-2005, 07:21 PM
Yeah, like the man says in the trailer "war isn't some kind of VIDEOGAME!!"...

...great script!

eek
02-20-2005, 07:27 PM
I like it!, crazy futuristic planes, and a kinda "R2-D2 x-wing go crazy" stylie!

script wise its a winner!......:argh:

eek

Laa-Yosh
02-20-2005, 07:33 PM
As long as you don't make the bomb of all bombs, no one seems to mind. Look at Hilary Swank doing things like The Core inbetween winning an oscar and then going on to more big serious stuff like Million Dollar Baby..though one would debate why ANYONE was in The Core, I'm just sayin'. :)

As far as I know, the Core was filmed a long time before it premiered... something like 2 years. So Hillary had no Oscar at the time she took the role.

Solothores
02-20-2005, 10:37 PM
do you still have the link to that discussion somewhere ?

unfortunately not, but it was at military.com if you want to try a search for yourself.

Cheers
Solo

VictorG
02-21-2005, 01:05 AM
http://www.breakthechain.org/exclusives/fa37talon.html

-Victor

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 02:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.