PDA

View Full Version : Scarlett

Xillion
02-18-2005, 11:01 PM
Actress Scarlett Johansson. 1 hour and a half on painter (cover pencil) w/reference. What do you guys think ? Does it look like her ? Do you like it ? (ps.: not really a WIP. just a sketch...and I'm considering it finished)

http://images.43things.com/entry/00/00/07/1968l.jpg

matman
02-19-2005, 11:35 AM
Great sketch. I think the eyes are the most important part of the face that makes it recognizable, and your scarlett has the eyes of the real, so this is very importat. Yes, it looks like scarlett to me. The only thing noticeable was the aligment of the eyes and the angle of the dark one. Great stuff gor just less than 2 hours!

Xillion
02-19-2005, 12:21 PM
thanks matmanI see you are new (as I am) so, Welcome!.
You are absolutely right about the eye, it was late night when I did this so, altough I knew I left it that way...hoping it was not too noticeable :)

I think there are other two errors, can anyone spot them ? Any other suggestion/critique is welcome.

Martin_B
02-19-2005, 12:34 PM
One problem that i feel with the picture is that the shadowing technics makes her look furry. I think it should be a good for the picture to let the shadow lines fallow her body and not go outside the line art.

Xillion
02-19-2005, 01:07 PM
That's a good point, I didn't notice that. Next time I'll try to be more 'precise' with my lines.

matman
02-19-2005, 01:30 PM
I cant notice any other mistakes, so better dont reveal it. :D

Yes im here not so long, so thanks for your wellcome. Hope to see more works of yours.

Swoop
02-19-2005, 04:05 PM
Looks good.. though the eye in shadow seems out of place.. liks its misplaced and at a wierd angle.
Anyways looks like her, and i especially love the mouth and lips.. very much her :D :D :D

Ognus
02-19-2005, 05:38 PM
I have had this desire to draw scarlett lately, Then i see "a girl with a pearl earing" yesterday and think "what are the odds I would want to draw her and then see a movie about drawing her?"
And then this?

Creeeeeepy..............

ms@zx
02-19-2005, 06:17 PM
hie xillion:)its alil bit out of porportion but it still resembles her pretty much.the shadow part is alittle too contrast comparing to the rest of the shadows.not planning to color it?i mean just if u have the time:)

Xillion
02-19-2005, 09:07 PM
I have had this desire to draw scarlett lately, Then i see "a girl with a pearl earing" yesterday and think "what are the odds I would want to draw her and then see a movie about drawing her?"
And then this?

Creeeeeepy..............

yeah, nice coincidence... :).
I saw the film myself lately and I liked so much her lips I had to draw her. I'm working on a second portrait...if it comes out nice I'll post it here...
I'll be glad to see your painting if you decide to draw her.

Xillion
02-19-2005, 09:13 PM
hie xillion:)its alil bit out of porportion but it still resembles her pretty much.the shadow part is alittle too contrast comparing to the rest of the shadows.not planning to color it?i mean just if u have the time:)

I'm not going to colour this piece but, as I said in the previus message, I'm planning another painting starring the lovely Scarlett. By now I'm experimenting some 'approaches' to painting with photoshop.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.