PDA

View Full Version : HDRI specific section

nataz
02-18-2005, 12:43 PM
Hi all,

i was looking for HDRI specific posts and i found out that almost each software section has it's own stuffed with ressources and explanations about HDRI (which are often the same questions, comments, suggestions & links in each). So i was wondering if the community would agree with me about having a specific section related to HDRI.
I think it would be a good idea as most of the apps out there use .hdr files and HDRI lighting techniques in the same ways, more, we all have tips and tricks to share about how to make and use our .hdr files that are not application specific.

thanks for your interest and vote!

keep up the good work :wip:

saiko
02-19-2005, 10:47 AM
i feel it could be a subforum of maping....in mean texturing and surfacing, instead of a totally new category.

nataz
02-19-2005, 02:30 PM
I do not completely agree. On some part your right, it is texture. But on another hand it is related to lighting and thus, also, to rendering. So HDR is "somewhere inbetween" on its own...

saiko
02-20-2005, 10:22 AM
thats true... but lighting is different in different softwares..... so u hav to make subforums forums for each!..... instead of that i think those issues could be kept in the application specific forums itself.

nataz
02-20-2005, 10:44 AM
As the preproduction (photo shooting, compositing of the .hdr file, props used, etc.) is the same for every package it could stay on its own. But it may be interesting also to have specific hdri thread for each package though that would make a little too much redundant informations (as it is now, as each application thread has somehow posts regarding HDRI).

CGTalk Moderation
02-20-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.