PDA

View Full Version : Alien Skin Shader

MACMAN
02-17-2005, 11:01 PM
Hi

Does anyone know how to get a realistic looking Alien Skin Shader (Alien from the alien, Aliens,Alien3 etc films)

I want it to look slimy..and i noticed that it has a bumpyness

Can neone help

Cheers

Alex

dudders
02-18-2005, 09:42 AM
Isnt it just a dark, dark metally look? For the slime I think you'd have to have some actual slime, I mean a model of slime.

But you can acheive a wet look with specular mapping and using layered shaders.

Have you looked on highend3d.com as there are many metals, also an alien skin, plus a wet look shader (i think) and some effects shaders. By taking them apart you may get the shader you want.

MACMAN
02-23-2005, 02:31 PM
Hey Ppl...its me again :(

I cant seem to get the right look..even with the highen3d shaders.

Can someone pretty please please please with sugar on top help me...Its driving me nuts!

ive been trying for days!

I need it to look top notch..and rite now its looking..well i just cant find the words! ;)

I will be eternally indebt to you if you help!

Thank You In advanced so very Much

Alex

timsvw
02-23-2005, 08:02 PM
why don't you post what you have so far, you might get more response on what you need to do to get the look. Also tell us what you are trying so far.

-Tim

nebezial
03-07-2005, 04:12 PM
U must use fallof map, trust me on this one , it gives that strange multi layer look.one of your maps,upper one should be your default shader and the lower one a dark reddish.I presume it is a raytrace map u r using. now under the translucency add another fallof, play with it.fallof is your friend,use it also as a reflection map. for the teeth u cant go wrong if u use this formula. difuse-gradient, transparency invert fallof,luminance fallof or grafient, play with it, trust me combine these advices with some bumping( presumably spec.lv is high and sharp) an u ve got it wet.oh drool can be made as an opacity map on an inserted plane

dudders
03-08-2005, 09:06 AM
Yeah, attach a jpeg and the shader file to give us a better look.

CGTalk Moderation
03-08-2005, 09:06 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.