PDA

View Full Version : A Survey:MOTION CAPTURE VERSUS KEYFRAME ANIMATION

izanilovesaisya
02-11-2002, 05:56 AM
Dear Guys,
i am ron, currently handling a survey for my Msc. I hope you can participate in my survey entitled : A COMPARATIVE STUDY ON THE CURRENT AND POTENTIAL COMMERCIAL UTILIZATION OF MOTION CAPTURE VERSUS KEYFRAME ANIMATION
visit this URL: http://pesona.mmu.edu.my/~izani/html/survey.htm
your feedback is highly appreciated.
Thanks for your c0-operationMOTION CAPTURE VERSUS KEYFRAME ANIMATION

SheepFactory
02-11-2002, 06:01 AM
Down with the motion capture :mad:

mccordia
02-12-2002, 08:23 PM
MoCap can be nice when used correctly (humans/general behavure/motion)...but for most (character)stuff MoCap tends to look like a what it is....a human performing the actions.
If you do an animated bear or any other animal it wil often look like a human in a bear/creature suit instead of the real thing.

Squash&Strech
02-13-2002, 06:05 AM
Key Frame is Tallent and skill

MotionCrapture is an FX

Anthony
02-13-2002, 01:40 PM
Motion Capture can be handy just for showing off a model/texture...if you're not eally an animator.

Martin-K-
02-13-2002, 01:55 PM
plus. a lot of motioncapture tools are useful even for keyframing :)
composing and decomposing motions. mapping motion from one character to another. etc.

saying motioncapture is bad is like saying that using textures to roughen out your photoshop painting is bad. everyone does it.( that includes craig mullins/ loki/dusso/etc. )

remember mocap isnt absolute. you can layer motions
( keyframed ) ontop of it.

Squash&Strech
02-13-2002, 07:28 PM
Thats true Ambiant, I will keep my mind opened :)

Cheers

Nahaz
02-15-2002, 06:14 AM
Nothing wrong with MoCap, very few animators can match it for realism and speed. In a commercial production quality and speed are paramount.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 12:39 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.