PDA

View Full Version : transferring animation from low to high res.

Pickman
02-17-2005, 07:38 PM
Hey there, I've been playing with maya rigging for a shot we're working on with some friends, mainly using materials from pthuriot and Jason Schleifer. DVD's are great we're about to make our first animation out of them. Main problem that we're not able to solve is referencing low to high creature rig, we tried both paul's and Jasons' but we could not make them work with our custom rig. Jason's rig doesn't seem to take our FK controls keys into account and paul's not working (we still have to test it again to find out what's wrong).

If anyone out there has some good tips or scripts to share about referencing I'll be glad to know :-) Or maybe just some good guidelines to avoid main problems :-)

THX alot

Regards CÚdric

macaroniKazoo
02-17-2005, 10:08 PM
i'm not familiar with the dvd's ur talking about, but you can transfer animation between rigs pretty reliably using zooXferAnim (http://www.macaronikazoo.com/mel/download/zooXferAnim.zip). it will transfer between either two rigs in the same scene, or you can export animation from one file, and import it into another. perhaps it might solve your problem...

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.