PDA

View Full Version : I can't figure it out, maybe you can- Easy Modelling Question?

daytona
02-17-2005, 01:58 PM
I'm trying to create something that looks like a folded blanket or toffee. But it's a super long blanket with thickness. If you can imagine a spline that loops backwards and forwards on itself in s shapes. I've tried creating one spline that is the s shape and another for length of blanket and thickness and putting them both in a sweep nurbs cage, but it just doesn't work the way I thought it would. Any body got a simple solution for this. I know I could extrude a spline but that does not give me thickness, and I don't really want to draw a spline that has thickness to start off with, as it is really going to loop a lot. Thanks for thinking.

daytona
02-18-2005, 06:00 PM
if i could post an attachment it might help explain what i'm after, but i'm just a newb an'all.

R1PPER
02-19-2005, 08:36 AM
Hi mate...path deformer would be a good way but you should be able to model this straight and just add a bend deformer....make sure you knife your model afew times where you want the bend to be.

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 09:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.