PDA

View Full Version : Field rotoscoping

elvis75k
02-17-2005, 11:29 AM
Hi, simple question here.. I have to get a matte of an arm putting someting on a table (over a composited and tracked layer).
I have both layer as dv footage and i like to know how many steps i need to get the best result considering fields.. something like: deinterlace, start rotoscoping, then interlace all.....
I'm really confused about fields at this point, 'cos the mask don't look like friggin' frame. Understand?

Thanks in advance!

-elvis

if u need i can post a small version of the sequence.

Hugh
02-17-2005, 12:03 PM
Not entirely sure I understood your last comment about "the mask don't look like friggin' frame"....

What software are you using here?

Most software will allow you to deinterlace the footage and then go through it field by field... (Digital Fusion will double the length of the sequence, Shake will allow you to access the other fields by going to frame X.5)

elvis75k
02-17-2005, 12:58 PM
..digital fusion..

Deinterlace, yes.. Do i have to deinterlace first, then rotoscope and then interlace? Thanks for help Hugh!

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.