PDA

View Full Version : VES Awards Winners Announced!

playmesumch00ns
02-17-2005, 11:02 AM
http://www.vesawards.com/winners.htm

MarkusM
02-17-2005, 09:35 PM
It was a lovely event last night, the VES Awards at the Hollywood Palladium.

With a room full of talented artists and technicians, there was a fair amount of geek humour. A lot of thank you speeches included singling out spouse or partners in the vain of "thank you for putting up with my long hours at work".

The awards ceremony was very enjoyable. Each category had very deserving nominees. It was good to see so many great people be recognized for their hard work and dedication. Don Shay of CINEFEX got a standing ovation as he steped on stage to receive his Board of Directors Award. Robert Abel's daughter gave heart felt speech on behalf of her father.

By the time one got a bit tired, in steps an amazingly funny Tom Hanks to present the life time achievement award to Robert Zemeckis, who then got a standing ovation from the guests. It was a truely amazing night. It was great to see many people who I know and don't get to see very often. It was also fun to see so many people knowing eachother. Mingling. Laughing together.

Congratulations to all the nominees and winners. A special congratulation to my friends back at Framestore CFC for being recognized for their work on Harry Potter and Space Odyssey. And congratluation to the VES organisation for an absolutely phenomenal event. I am proud to be a member and I can't wait for next year's event.

Markus

machsumo
02-17-2005, 10:58 PM
As an first-time attendee, it was a great event. More than I had expected.
These awards are a wonderful recognition of the hard work of people in the
visual effects industry on a more personal scale than the Academy Awards.
Sincere congrats to all the nominees. I have never been so surrounded by
so many people smarter than me.

On a side note, are these awards also called Milies's, After George Milies
seminal film, A Trip To the Moon in 1902, or simply VES Awards?

machsumo

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 11:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.