PDA

View Full Version : Weird behaviour in 9.1

noseman
02-17-2005, 09:55 AM
I just had a weird experience in C4D 9.1
I am building a scene, for some reason some models that where children of a null, suddenly chose to move to another part of my scene, first I thought "stupid me, I chose transfer by mistake and the things moved...." BUT the null was at the same place... it didn't move..
the most weird thing is that I reverted to the saved scene (with the objects in the correct place) and my surprise was that the objects where at the new (wrong) position....

Has anyone had any problems like these?

MacOSX 10.3.7 Dual G5 1.8 1,25GB RAM...

WEIIIIRD.....
:hmm:

noseman
02-17-2005, 11:06 AM
After several weird phenomena, I finally pinned it down to a corrupted Null, that I had copied over and over.
Any object under this evil :twisted: null always wanted to go back home (wherever that was).
One of the funny things was that in the viewport they seemed to be at the correct place, but when I rendered in the picture viewer, the runaway objects where... away..

Oh well. :banghead:

Cartesius
02-17-2005, 11:30 AM
Yep, has happened to me too. It was really scary when your objects shifted places on their own. :scream:

/Anders

rendermania
02-17-2005, 11:33 AM
In OpenGL, nobody can hear you scream... muahahahah.. :scream:

Erik Heyninck
02-17-2005, 12:38 PM
Playing chess with a null. Your move!

I had another one. I had been working on a cube (exploring 9.1) and deleted it, then switched to a cilinder. The cilinder was rectangular. A cube with height and width of the cilinder. Completely passive. No arrows, no points to drag dimensions,...nothing. Changing sides: no avail. Changing dimension: nothing. No caps: nothing.

Made it editable: the cilinder was suddenly there.

I guess Sneep joined the Maxon team...

noseman
02-17-2005, 02:11 PM
I bet that Srek is on it right now, coding decoding, typing erasing...

He will probably have an answer by tomorrow!!
He's the man!
:bounce:

Incarnadine
02-17-2005, 04:20 PM
On mine Ctrl-C no longer copies a selected primative object, it converts it to editable mesh. I am going to have to do some RTFM to figure out how to reset that. It caused me some serious fun last night while working away on a new image.

Erik Heyninck
02-17-2005, 05:14 PM
Works fine here.

To change (if possible):
Window menu>Layout Command manager.
"Copy" and "make editable"

you find the shortcuts at the bottom

LucentDreams
02-17-2005, 05:17 PM
well "c" is make editable, so sounds liek CTRL wasn't doing what it should. Same suggestion I give most people is remove preferences.

Incarnadine
02-17-2005, 09:06 PM
Ctrl-C is/was the command listed under Edit in all of the menus. Will take a look at this when i get home tonight. BTW, I, myself, have made no changes to the preferences. Only change to the program was the 9.1 update.

Incarnadine
02-17-2005, 11:02 PM
Everything looks ok in the command manager. If I press and hold CTRL then C it seems to work Ok. Anything even close to simultaneous and the CTRL is ignored.

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2006, 12:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.