PDA

View Full Version : should i model or texture first?

Snakeman
09-15-2002, 10:03 PM
should i texture the parts of the body as i make them or model the whole body and then texture everything?

TMortan
09-15-2002, 10:40 PM
Well...unless you know Exactly what your going for modeling wise and will not be making any mistakes(or changes) in the process i say texture last. Its tends to be a lot easier to. In a few cases it might be a good idea to texture some when the parts are separate and don't directly influence things as a whole. But in your case with a body it will probably be best to wait till the end. Your going to want things to flow together and if you decide in the end that arm doesn't look right, you can change the arm model and not have to go back and edit the texture. Just saves time in end.

So i say model everything first.

DXtreme
09-15-2002, 11:10 PM
yes snakeman..you send me a pm,but you didn't allow to recieve pm..you should change this in ya profile if ya want to get any answers to your pm's!

so now your question!
i'm not the character modeller is what have to say at first!
but i would also say that you should model the whole body firts and texture after this!
if the body is untextured you can find little mistakes easier and change them is also easier!
i think TMortan is absolutely right in this case!
but you can also try both ways to find out whats best for you!
hope i could help ya a little bit even i'm not a guy who's familliar with textures;-)

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.