PDA

View Full Version : Poser 6 Sneak Peak #2 and...

khoward
02-16-2005, 04:08 PM
http://www.curiouslabs.com/ezimagecatalogue/catalogue/phpJGsOlD.jpg

Hi,

I wanted to let you see the latest image that was sent within the CL Newsletter yesterday. Also a friendly hint to check out the Curious Labs site this week for a bit more....

In the meantime.....
Secret #2 Realistic lighting effects

With Poser 6s realistic lighting effects you can come out of the shadows and into the light. Now you can achieve photo-realistic results using Ambient Occlusion, which generates soft and subtle natural-looking shadows in a well lit scene.

Bulldog
02-16-2005, 09:09 PM
I am shocked at the lack of response this thread got.

Maybe everyone is too relaxed to post...

richcz3
02-16-2005, 09:23 PM
I am shocked at the lack of response this thread got.

Maybe everyone is too relaxed to post...
Well the last post made for a bit of a stir. Hopefully people are over that and we can move forward.

I look forward to updates. Keep em coming.

khoward
02-17-2005, 04:42 AM
Hi,

I just wanted to let you know, in case emails haven't reached anyone in this community - that today a Special Edition of Poser 6 as a Pre-Order offer went live on the Curious Labs site. Poser 6 Special Edition will offer an additional "Winter Queen Figure Pack", a limited edition box design that runs along the "Winter Queen" theme and a full version of Shade desinger LE with PoserFusion for those who would like to see how the Poser -> Shade integration works.

http://www.curiouslabs.com/static/images/p6_temp_images/sp_ed_box.jpg

With kind regards,
Katherine

Teyon
02-17-2005, 06:29 AM
As a content creator for the Poser community, I couldn't care less about upgrades to the render engine. I am more concerned about how the bone and animation systems have or haven't been improved since Poser Pro-Pack. Being one of the few who spend the time making original models to sell to the community, it'd be nice to know that Curious Labs took a look at other packages like Motion Builder and realized they need to improve those all important features (since that's why Poser exists in the first place).

Caine777
02-17-2005, 06:37 AM
As a content creator for the Poser community, I couldn't care less about upgrades to the render engine. I am more concerned about how the bone and animation systems have or haven't been improved since Poser Pro-Pack. Being one of the few who spend the time making original models to sell to the community, it'd be nice to know that Curious Labs took a look at other packages like Motion Builder and realized they need to improve those all important features (since that's why Poser exists in the first place).I agree. I have used Poser every now and then, but not to render, only to pose characters. I'd really like to know what improvements there are in that area.

Cometsoft
02-17-2005, 09:12 AM
Hi Katherine,

I got the email offer. On the page it lists the pre-order for 6 as being $239 and the pre-order for 6 plus Poser 5 for the same price. Why wouldn't one go for the latter? From the wording of the ad it appears that the penalty is you only get the downloadable version of 6. Can you confirm this?

Thanks

DangerAhead
02-18-2005, 09:48 AM
I'm also interested in the skinning and boning.

I have to say, I wasn't at all impressed with the way Poser 5's interface worked. It was a massive hassle to get poses. But some people love it. So I'll wait to hear what the fans of Poser say.

eliseu gouveia
02-18-2005, 03:03 PM
Looking good, changes I look forward to:

- improved geometry on the default characters. Im not asking for Vicky 3 or anything, but.....
- Poser is a system resources hog; I hope they change that
- fast renderer
- reeeally simple interface, I want my 6 years old niece to be able to use it
- ability to handle a scenne with 20+ characters (plus props and scenario) without crashing

Would it be too much to ask for some particles? ;)

Teyon
02-18-2005, 04:54 PM
Well, Poser 5 has wind dynamics and cloth simulation, I don't think particles would be out of the question. I just don't want them to stray too far from what Poser is supposed to be used for, character setup and animation. I mean, come on people, get witht the times, start adding things like blend shapes controlled by sliders directly on the face or even the abilityto rig a face to a set of curves would add alot to what you could do expression wise. Then there's muscle deformation technology that can be implemented, I mean, the realm of character animation has gone leaps and bounds beyond simple pose to pose anims.

rich novak
02-19-2005, 02:42 AM
Poser is a great app. My biggest complaint is the GUI. I'd like something more like Lightwave or Max. Of course in Poser it would be less complex, with Poser having less function (such as modeling) but it seems the interface is a little less "pro" and a little more "kiddie".

Poser 6 looks promising. I'd like to try a demo.

Caine777
02-19-2005, 08:05 AM
Poser is a great app. My biggest complaint is the GUI. I'd like something more like Lightwave or Max. Of course in Poser it would be less complex, with Poser having less function (such as modeling) but it seems the interface is a little less "pro" and a little more "kiddie".

Poser 6 looks promising. I'd like to try a demo.

I disagree, and not only because I'm very used to the interface (I haven't used Poser that much, but I use Bryce a _lot_, and the interface is the same there). There are plenty of other applications - high-end applications - one can use if one wants a more "professional" look. The Poser interface is easy to learn and it's fast. Let's remember what the main use of Poser is - to pose and animate humans and other creatures. I think they should focus more on that part (and the extremely processor and memory hungry cloth and hair simulators) and less oon making it "look pro". For me it's always been about what results you can get, not if the program looks "professional" enough.

richcz3
02-19-2005, 03:45 PM
The GUI is questionable depending on the end results you are trying to accomplish.

For someone like Teyon who creates content for Poser, the core program needs more robust features and interface work. For someone who needs a realistic still model posed for a still in another application, the interface may not be so much an issue. It all depends on what you use it for.

I may be wrong but it looks like the majority of work I see coming from Poser are still shots, less animation.

Squeakypics
02-19-2005, 04:11 PM
I 'stuck' on Poser 4 but am thinking of upgrading (For the swf export!) One major annoyance I have is that My Wacom doesn't work with it. - Things skid off frame at a huge rate of knotts. Was this fixed in v5 (or v6 even?)

CGTalk Moderation
02-19-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.