PDA

View Full Version : 3d character modeler/ rigging(maya)

pinheadanimation
02-16-2005, 12:34 PM
Hi there my name is Sean O'Neill and I am in my last semester at the Academy of Art in San Francisco. I am currently wrapping up the pre production/design of an animated short I have been planning for a long time now. Its an idea that has stuck with me, and after a number of pitches to people, I have gotten the most important aspect, the story, down pat. My animation background stems from a 2-d up bringing, but in the last year I have converted to mostly 3d. For this project I want to try and produce the highest quality production in a minimal amount of time due to good planning and hard work. What I need is the following

3d character modeler (with emphasis on cartoon based models)

Rigger (helps if you can model also, everything from bone set up, weights and controls are needed. On top of that a "picker" set up is extremely helpful in terms of doing the animation.)

3d Environment modeler (must be able to model realistic and "animated" environment's. Also helps if you have a solid understanding of lighting.

If you fit these qualifications and would like to help on an animated short that I am determined to get done in a matter of months (I am already talking to a few people in the festival circuit who have seen the story boards) then please email me at ncubextreme@aol.com (ncubextreme@aol.com), With your name, number, AIM/MSM name and the job you are interested in. If you have a web site or examples of your work please include them. And most of all I want people who want stuff to put on their demo tapes, as I find that those with a vested interest in a production are much more apt to give it their all. Thank you for your time and I hope to hear from you.

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 01:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.