PDA

View Full Version : Mojok Contest

mojokdirector
02-16-2005, 02:44 AM
Mojok
________Studios
___________________________________________________________________________________
www.mojok.net (http://www.mojok.net/)

Contest

This site has proven to be a good source of artists so we decided should post a contest for this and one other forum.

What we are looking for:

Images that would make good shirts, desktops, and posters for mojok studios.
Image must somehow relate to Mojok.
All images must have your signature in the bottom right.

PRIZES

First place:

$200

3 posters of your image

3 Mojok shirts with your image on it

You will be added to the list of people to contact for future jobs.

You will be added to our contact page.

Your image will be added to our new store and will appear on desktops and shirts, in all of these places you will be given credit and your contact information may be placed if you would like.

Second place

$50

2 posters of your image

2 Mojok shirts with your image on it

Your image will be added to our new store and will appear on desktops and shirts, in all of these places you will be given credit and your contact information may be placed if you would like.

Third place

$50

2 posters of your image

2 Mojok shirts with your image on it

Fourth place - tenth place

1 posters of your image

1 Mojok shirts with your image on it

Email entries to director@mojok.net

Other information that may help you.

Mojok studios has been created to make media for companies and corporations and will eventually be making movies as well, specifically action and sci-fi movies.

Our mascot is a blue gorilla.

This company is made artists’ abilities may be seen by I wider audience.

We are setting the due date at March 31st.

any artist that enters may ask to not have their art promoted, it does not become ours.any profit on shirts with you image on it is yours.

Stahlberg
02-16-2005, 04:01 AM
So, correct me if I'm wrong... for 300 bucks, and some prints and t-shirts, you get ten (10) original works?
:eek:

SheepFactory
02-16-2005, 04:27 AM
and cafepress t-shirts at that :rolleyes:

http://www.cafepress.com/mojok

mojokdirector
02-16-2005, 05:49 AM
I will not be using café press for our new store and the works will still be promoting the artist. Mojok was made to promote and hire artists; this contest is to give us an idea of some people we may be able to hire because of their skill level. The money we make we put back into the company and into things like this Contests and ways of promoting artists.
This may even help your résumé.

Thank you for the posts
-Mojok studios

Per-Anders
02-16-2005, 06:02 AM
so this is better than for instance anyof these artists getting their own tee's and posters printed, then going around the various stores and selling them... how exactly? or perhaps being paid by a rival firm the real going rate for some of their work.

vrf
02-16-2005, 06:13 AM
You're not going to get any takers on this from any decent artists. Basically, you're asking for nearly free content for you to promote your studio with. What a joke. Shouldn't your "art studio" create your own art?

Oh, and the "exposure" angle is a little easier to swallow for something with a wider circulation like Expose, but not for some startup design studio.

mojokdirector
02-16-2005, 06:13 AM
any artist that enters may ask to not have their art promoted, it does not become ours.any profit on shirts with their image on it is theirs.

i will add that to my original post if you like
You will be losing anything by entering this compatition.
I hope that clears things up

If it doesn't sound like there are going to be any takers within the next few days I will close the competition down.

durbdk
02-16-2005, 06:59 AM
Come on guys, don't be so hard on him. Yeah this isn't everybodies cup of tea, but for someone to get something on their resume, this is a good oppertunity. Remember, not everyone who belongs to these boards is an entrenched professional, and if all rights are retained by the artist and the artist gets the credit, what's the prob? I could have done with something like this when I was starting off, and I don't care what you say, when you are first starting it's necessary to make concessisons in order to get your name and art out there and recognized. Besides, if your like me you have more stuff on your HDD than you'll ever be able to use, why not try and make a little something off it?

(For the record, I am a CAD/CAM head, and do art in my spare time (what little I have)http://cgtalk.com/images/smilies/smile.gif)

BiGMaCHiNe
02-16-2005, 07:41 AM
sounds great.

mojokdirector
02-16-2005, 08:04 PM
I have gotten enough response to keep the competition open. Please post any questions you might have.

digitallilly
02-17-2005, 03:43 AM
sounds lik a good deal

digitallilly
02-17-2005, 03:47 AM
is there any other details you can tell us, im not sure what you want exactly

mojokdirector
02-17-2005, 04:09 AM
This competition is not supposed to be very directed as far as the art, as long as it has something to do with Mojok. If you are looking for somewhere to start I can give you some ideas. Sci-fi or action are good themes, maybe even fantasy. There is a book being written under the Mojok name that is a sci-fi book involving dimensional teleportation. So far the characters I know of are parasites called demons that inhabit peoples heads and when they place themselves they sick spikes through the head making the host look like he has horns, angel like creatures, some random aliens, thin monkey-human creatures with blue glowing tattoos that have a fog that fallow them around, and the blue gorilla. There also is a planet in the book that has one side covered in a massive city, and the other is covered in what sounds like a sort of golf ball looking computer-machine that controls the city. In the book Mojok is a rock that has a chemical reaction with carbon that rips space, a sort of teleportation or worm hole I guess. Also we have made some short films about assassins and one about an angry gardener. These are not things people have to use but its concepts that have to do with Mojok if you don’t know where to start.
I hope this helps you out.

-Mojok Studios

digitallilly
02-17-2005, 11:07 AM
that will help a lot

Tommy Lee
02-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Hmmm... Maybe I am in. And come on guys, it's not all the time for the f*****g money!

Sometimes just make some art for fun and share it with others. Money here, copyright there... step on the breaks sometimes and loosen you ties.

Cheerz

Tommy Lee

mojokdirector
02-18-2005, 05:56 AM
Information i will need:

title of your work
your name
your location
your contact information
what shirt sizes you would like

Stahlberg
02-18-2005, 08:41 AM
Sometimes just make some art for fun and share it with others. Money here, copyright there... step on the breaks sometimes and loosen you ties.

That's like saying 'take off your seatbelt dude, just go driving for fun...'
But as long as Mojok doesn't get copyright to these images, everything's fine. It's just that this wasn't written anywhere at first.

veljko-lemonade
02-18-2005, 09:41 AM
I have some questions
Does this have to be previosly unreleased art?can i give this art to another company for another, or the same, use today, tommorow or any other time in the future?
And what is the minimum resolution of the image (how mayn dpi) the minimum size (actuall size in cm or mm please) and the recomended sizes and resolution
Will there be a contract signed and if so, can you post it on the forums?how will I know the sales amount of my shirt?

thx-

Tommy Lee
02-18-2005, 10:23 AM
@Stahlberg: Oh,... sorry then. I see your point. Didn't get it that the copyright thing wasn't mentioned befor.

Cheerz

Tom

mojokdirector
02-18-2005, 08:42 PM
I would like these to be previously unreleased art, but I am not going to disqualify you if it has been released. Part of the competition is making it have to do with Mojok so it would probably mean you would have to edit some things. You can give this art to any other company if you like, it is still yours. There will not be any contract because you are not signing anything over to Mojok and you can ask us to stop printing your shirt and poster any time. The higher the resolution, the better the poster will come out. I would suggest at least; .jpg, 100dpi, 1600X1200 or 1200X1600. However, I would recommend; .png, 300dpi, 7000 x 4600. I realize this resolution is very high but it is the resolution that would produce the most crisp poster image. As far as shirt sales I will be keeping a running total of how many shirts I sell and you may email me any time to find out how many have been sold and how much I owe you. Also I will post how many of each shirt is sold at the end of the month on the Mojok forum.

digitallilly
02-20-2005, 08:22 AM
if we don't win 1st place but the art is based on the book concepts is there any chance you might buy our art off us to use as your book title?

mojokdirector
02-20-2005, 12:59 PM
It will be the writer's decision but there is a good chance that will be what he wants to do.

digitallilly
02-21-2005, 12:56 AM
if you use my image for the book i will not charge you as long as you give me credit.

mojokdirector
02-21-2005, 01:05 AM
Please do not try to make deals, especially before you have submitted anything.

We will talk about what deals we can work out with the artists' who's work the writer thinks works best with the book if that is what we decide to do.

Please stay on the subject of the contest.
If you are contacting Mojok for other reasons please email me or post on our forum.

FabioMSilva
02-22-2005, 11:13 PM
10 characters in turkey would mean 100 dollars per characters = 1000 dollars. And it's not something that well paid. 10 charactersa for 300 dollars...rotfl

mojokdirector
02-24-2005, 07:05 AM
It sounds like you are referring to the character post Mojok posted some time ago, this is an image competition, and I’m not sure what characters you are talking about. Also it states that any profit made off your shirts or posters will be yours.
We are not taking anything from the artists. I understand that the posts that are disapproving are just trying to be careful and we do understand that but we are not taking away your art. Even if the prize money is not enough you may also make some money off your shirts and posters.

p.s. We have received our first 2 entries and they look good.

Good luck to everyone

pedralba
02-25-2005, 09:07 PM
i was wondering how many entries can we submit. and what type of info should we put on the email. eg. city, country, adresss.phone number all that stuff?

, you only recieved two entries so far... i think one was mine.

mojokdirector
02-25-2005, 11:01 PM
Your piece is actually the 4th submitted now. You can send me as many pieces as you can produce before the deadline; I'm not going to set an official limit for this contest. All of that information is fine; I also posted some other information that I need on this forum. Here they are again:

Title of your work
your name
your location
your contact information
what shirt sizes you would like

Thanks,

Mojok director

pedralba
02-26-2005, 04:41 AM
sorry, one more time... and sorry if im repeating you anywhere, but. did you say our concepts dont have to be about the book it can be anything and that its just to see the types of artists you would hire out there.

mojokdirector
02-26-2005, 05:12 AM
The contest theme is Mojok; the art does have to have something to do with Mojok, whether it is just the name or something to do with the book we are working on or the Mojok gorilla mascot. This contest is also going to give us a list of contacts for future jobs.

I would also like to inform everyone that this is the first annual competition and we will be having a contest similar to this every year. We are also hoping the prizes will improve every year for those of you that are not satisfied with this years prizes.

mojokdirector
03-01-2005, 03:31 AM
To all entering artists.
The writer of the Mojok Book is very interested in finding a piece of art from this competition to use as the cover of his book if it is alright with the artist. He does not know yet how much to offer for this and will be contacting the artist or artists who’s piece he would like to use for the cover about details.

mojokdirector
03-09-2005, 04:46 AM
The Mojok award idol image is being created by Maciej Wojtkiewicz, The Modeler of the 3d gorilla seen on our site. The winner will be receiving this idol image for bragging rights or résumés. We are hoping we will be able to give a real Mojok award to the first place winners of the future awards and when we do we will also be sending one to any winners from previous years.

mojokdirector
03-15-2005, 09:47 AM
Maciej Wojtkiewicz created a beautiful Image of the Mojok Award. I hope we can one day create a real award similar to this one.

Thank you Maciej, and thank you to everyone that has entered or will be entering their piece soon.

digitallilly
03-22-2005, 09:22 AM
Just curious, what are our c hances right now? can you tell us how many people have entered the contest?

also how long will you sell our shirts for? and what exactly is the "profit" we will be getting? is it how much money comes in from our shirt after the contests expences and shirt cost is paid for? or just the shirt?

mojokdirector
03-22-2005, 11:44 AM
At the moment we still only have 4 entries. We are hoping many of the artists are planning to enter close to the due date.

Within the last few days we have been talking about what we plan to do if there aren’t very many more entries. The Mojok awards were started so that we could find the best in the industry and with only a few entries we can not determine something like that.

We realize this competition was not up to par with some of the other competitions we have been looking at and now know we are going to have to make the prizes much greater for next year. We will be redesigning and planning next years Mojok Awards Competition and we hope to bring you something that will be worth the time and effort.

In response to the questions about the shirts, all the money made after the price of the shirt and print would go to the artist.

CGTalk Moderation
03-22-2005, 11:44 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.