PDA

View Full Version : matrix shockwave

tophwhat
02-16-2005, 01:51 AM
In the second matrix i believe, there is the infamous scene where neo fights thousands of smiths. just when he gets trapped by all the smiths, neo throws them all off and takes off flying. When the scene slows down there is a sort of shockwave thing where the ground ripples just before neo takes off... how do i make that effect in 3ds max? do i need special plugins, scripts or is it just a modifier?

bartrobinson
02-21-2005, 09:48 PM
You might get more application specific and detailed help in the 3D Studio MAX forum. Here's the Compositing and Visual Effects answer: Create ground plane geometry, match it to your live action footage, texture map your live action footage on the ground plane geometry, warp the ground plane geometry with a circular wave deformation expanding outwards, composite your actor into the middle of that circular distortion timed to match your effect, apply other supporting effects such as optical distortions, dust, etc. Render and enjoy.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.