PDA

View Full Version : DarkAngel-Maximus

KevinJM
02-16-2005, 01:06 AM
Hi everybody, its been a long time since i haven`t posted anything. Here`s a recent work on which i`m working on. The Idea is from my mate

Gaia's Herald - http://www.cgtalk.com/showthread.php?threadid=194138 :thumbsup:

and the drawing is from me. I wanted to draw this character (DarkAngel Maximus) on a beautifully carved marble throne but Gaia's Herald suggested that i put it on a throne made up of skull which is of course an exciting idea:twisted: .
I`m still at the line art stage and i feel something is wrong somewhere. I`ve looked at it a bit too much and so can`t see what is wrong.As usual, I just need your comments guys.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v643/teenuja/darkangellMaximusO.jpg

Rudeone
02-16-2005, 02:35 AM
hey man, how are you? it's been a while.

Awesome work as always:thumbsup: , a throne made of skulls would be cool I gues, but isn't that a little to much like Spawn's throne?

I can't find anything wrong with it, but my vision could be blurred after spending over 12 hours behind my computerscreen, will look at it again when I catch up some sleep, starting now.

KevinJM
02-16-2005, 03:02 PM
hey man, how are you? it's been a while.

Awesome work as always:thumbsup: , a throne made of skulls would be cool I gues, but isn't that a little to much like Spawn's throne?

I can't find anything wrong with it, but my vision could be blurred after spending over 12 hours behind my computerscreen, will look at it again when I catch up some sleep, starting now.

Thx for posting man. In fact my idea was the Spawnlike throne. I think it would really suit the DarkAngel.:rolleyes:

Gusgus
02-16-2005, 03:34 PM
It looks very kick ass man, as far as i can tell all the proportions are correct and everything looks fine. The only thing i think you may want to change is his left foot, its pointing directly at the camera which makes it look kinda flat. Other than that great job man i cant wait to see the finished product.

Dynasty
02-16-2005, 09:32 PM
:eek: Wow man you always shock me with your drawings. I really can't tell what's wrong with it man I see everything pretty clean and nice. The anatomy looks nice and it's true the left foot looks flat due to the direction. Other than that keep on ROCKING :buttrock:

GaeasHerald
02-21-2005, 04:36 PM
Brother! Cool job, thanx for taking me so seriously :). The problem you are looking for could be that his torso is a little heavy, a little too square maybe? The elvish ears may not suit him completely, being him an angel. But that's just me sticking to stereotypes.
Have you thought about the far background? A peaceful angel-city or something like that could be interesting, so as to create contrast and add drama to it.

Anyway, it looks great, and knowing you as i do, it'll get better :thumbsup:.

ms@zx
02-21-2005, 04:59 PM
wow..its a very good line art,i seldom draw things that detail..anyway,he's supposed to sit on something right?not much to crit though..would love to see it colored:)keep it coming

Ilikesoup
02-21-2005, 09:48 PM
As with your other drawings, you've got a very clean style especially for a pencil sketch. I like the proportions -- the butt kicking motorcycle boots remind me of DC's Lobo character. His head looks a bit small for his body and might look better at a different angle. As it is, he looks uncomfortable with it sunken to his chest.

At first glance, I thought his throne was surrounded by clouds, but just realized that they will all be skulls. I'm looking forward to your updates. Nice job!

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.