PDA

View Full Version : FX Break from DStorm

Cman
09-15-2002, 07:20 AM
How many of you have seen this?
FX Break (http://www.dstorm.co.jp/)

Apparently DStorm is releasing a Hard Body Dynamics plugin on September 25th, with a demo possibly available on Sept 17th on this page:
FX Break Demo (http://www.dstorm.co.jp/FXBREAK/)

Anyone have more info on this? Like...Proton? :)

wgreenlee1
09-15-2002, 07:27 AM
Thanks for the heads up!
Sounds like a killer plug.:eek:

VEBO
09-15-2002, 07:53 AM
And check this out:

"In addition " the FX Break (fx break)" it is the latest edition of the Particle FX which belongs to LightWave 3d Ver 7.5, " Particle FX 3 (particle fx three)" belongs, adds the direct compilation of the movement of the particle by the EditcFx tool and the service of the new browser. ":bounce:

Translated with http://babel.altavista.com

VEBO:cool:

CIM
09-15-2002, 01:55 PM
Maybe it'll be released with an update to Lightwave 7.5.

DigitalDeuce
09-15-2002, 02:28 PM
if it's gonna be released with 7.5 -- why is there pricing information on the site?

Sounds like a plugin for purchase to me.

* Are planned price and the sale day which

FX Break Windows edition
Release due date: September 25 of 2002 day
Desired retail price:
Package edition: 28,000 Yen (classified by tax) (about $230)
Download price: 26,000 Yen (classified by tax) (about $214)

FX Break MaccOs9/X edition
Release due date: Middle the of October of 2002
Desired retail price:
Package edition: 28,000 Yen (classified by tax) (about $230)
Download price: 26,000 Yen (classified by tax) (about $214)

From babel translation of the press release. :hmm:

tropistic
09-15-2002, 02:45 PM
Huh...well I'm confused.

Ino's first product, Motion Designer, began as a 3rd party plugin then was 'integrated' into LightWave (eg, free!). His next effort, ParticleFX, was also included (free) with LightWave.

Now with this FXBreak - which seems to include the newest version of ParticleFX? - Ino's going solo again?

Huh....proton, anyone from NewTek, know what's up with with this? FXBreak aside, are new versions of ParticleFX not to be included in LightWave anymore, and have to purchased seperately? If so, folks might want to take a close look and compare this FX line to the Dynamic Realities stuff before their sale ends...Impact3 is looking pretty awesome, and Napalm has always rocked.

Jay

CIM
09-15-2002, 03:53 PM
Yeah, things aren't making sense here. This is supposed to be ParticleFX 3, but they're selling it? Hmm, or maybe it'll be sold until it is included in a future LW version--just this FX Break plugin.

I've heard that ParticleFX 3 and a new Motion Designer are supposed to be in LW 8, so maybe that's when it'll all appear for free. I guess they'll try to milk it until then.

DigitalDeuce
09-15-2002, 04:03 PM
Seen that happen. I purchased Motion Designer when it first came out -- then upgraded it to Motion Designer 2 -- then later it was incorporated into LightWave proper.

I would suppose that if you needed it RIGHT AWAY - this is cool. If you can wait -- even better for you.

CIM
09-15-2002, 04:23 PM
Yeah, I'm sure it'll get into Lightwave eventually for free. Most likely with LW 8. We'll see how it compares to Impact 3.

So the threads will go on about LW not having a native rigid body system. :-)

Mike RB
09-15-2002, 04:52 PM
Wow, This sounds like somthing i've been needing from day one, cool:

In addition in one of largest merits, after being calculated, vis-a-vis the data, making use of the EditcFx tool, the drug doing directly, it corrects the track of the object which was spattered in the collision by the hand, moves motion, itself revolution, and the smoothing it is possible to do. Because of this, the occasion fine control, the result, it is possible to the movement which you aimed many degrees or the necessity to calculate without, to finish quickly.

:)

DigitalDeuce
09-15-2002, 04:57 PM
Abso-freakin-lutly !!

:buttrock: :buttrock:

Does make me wish sometimes that I could read Japanese.

Mattoo
09-15-2002, 06:16 PM
Actually, I think the way it works is that Newtek had bought the license for ParticleFX to be included in Lightwave. I don't think they had actually employed Ino at Newtek. The same goes for Motion Designer and Motion Mixer.

I'm sure someone point out if I'm wrong....

anieves
09-15-2002, 11:25 PM
humm, proton is kinda quiet... maybe because is the weekend...

Cman
09-16-2002, 04:00 AM
yeah. Maybe he won't comment because he doesn't know or maybe he can't comment because he's signed an NDA! Let the conspiracy rumors begin!

proton
09-16-2002, 04:30 AM
I try and be as open in the community as I can be....You guys will be the first to know:thumbsup:

CIM
09-16-2002, 05:27 AM
Some of you ppl. should know by now that Newtek doesn't reveal it's plans for LW/Aura. You'll find out what it is when it's released to the public (or leaked like LW 7.5).

Look at the the past, and how Ino's plugins have been included freely in LW. If you have to have rigid body dynamics, simply buy Impact 3, FX Break, or wait to get it free in LW 8.

Yiorgz
09-16-2002, 10:09 AM
I think CIM pretty much said it right.

If you need a feature now, then look for something that will do it, or else start lateral thinking, learn patience or add another app to your utility belt.

Learn patience anyway.. it's one of the best plugins to be proficient in.
I use it for just about everything :)

ps. woohoo 100 posts.. just noticed ... :D

DigitalDeuce
09-16-2002, 12:13 PM
Learn Patience.

Yeah yeah -- how long will that take??

:bounce: :bounce:

tropistic
09-16-2002, 12:31 PM
I remember way way back, when HyperVoxels 2.0 was first released - as a seperate paid plugin. NewTek *clearly* stated that it was a "pay for it now if you need it" plugin, but that it would be free in the next upgrade. There was *alot* of discussion about that at the time, but cool, I can understand the concept. No Problem. Except....

Noone has quite said that this time.

Whatever's up will be cool with me, it's just that I'm still completely unsure of what's up. So I'm hoping that NewTek, or D-Storm - or anybody!! - will spell things out, plain & simple.

Jay

Cman
09-16-2002, 01:05 PM
LOL @ DigitalDeuce

tropistic, I think CIM nailed it. Their commercial plugs have historically been included in LW updates - that's why I joked about the rumor mill starting up again about LW8. :)

CIM
09-16-2002, 01:09 PM
"Whatever's up will be cool with me, it's just that I'm still completely unsure of what's up. So I'm hoping that NewTek, or D-Storm - or anybody!! - will spell things out, plain & simple."

What's to spell out? Isn't it clear that D-Storm will sell FX Break until it is included in ParticleFX 3, which means an update to LW would occur.

proton
09-16-2002, 10:31 PM
There are no plans for this to be included with future version of LightWave. It looks to be a great tool and I plan to add it to my tool kit. I can think of a few projectrs where that would have saved me hours of work.

DigitalDeuce
09-16-2002, 10:35 PM
That's what my sources tell me as well.

This is a standalone plugin that will not be included.

I'm still gonna get it.

:applause: :applause:

proton
09-16-2002, 10:38 PM
It's a great tool and with the lower price of LW should be a no-brainer....It's on my list of tools to get :thumbsup:

DigitalDeuce
09-16-2002, 10:39 PM
Absolutly.

Card in hand.

Gonna play with the demo, then get 4 licenses.

proton
09-16-2002, 10:57 PM
Maybe we can get a hands on review from Deuce the LW guru,.....so everyone can get some feedback on the tool!

Cman
09-16-2002, 11:15 PM
I'd just about swear you two guys sit in cubbies right next to each other... :rolleyes: :)

wgreenlee1
09-16-2002, 11:18 PM
CIM,I like this new look for the green guy!!!:cool:

DigitalDeuce
09-16-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Cman
I'd just about swear you two guys sit in cubbies right next to each other... :rolleyes: :)

Who says we don't?

;)

Bytehawk
09-17-2002, 12:06 AM
LOL
:bounce:

proton
09-17-2002, 12:26 AM
Actually San Antonio is very close to Dallas...but no tthat close....any plans on movind Deuce :D

tropistic
09-17-2002, 12:38 AM
If FXBreak is going to be seperate - and stay that way - does this also means that future versions of ParticleFX will be seperate (eg, not free) maybe even updates to MotionDesigner as well?

The reason I ask is simply this: if particles/dynamics are no longer to be included in the base package, then it's at least nice to know that LightWave users will have a choice of TWO dynamic & particle packages: the FX line and the existing line from Dynamic Realities.

Imapact 3 is due any day, at the current sale prices it's not much more than the FX line, and both it and Napalm are mature, highly developed packages. Nope - no affiliation of any kind with DR. But they've been around since the beginning, and they deserve our support too. Let's not overlook 'em in the frenzy...

Jay

DigitalDeuce
09-17-2002, 12:49 AM
Absolutly Jay -- and a good point.

I try to have as many tools in my toolbox as money will allow.

Having options is part of the power of LightWave.

If you can? Get both.

:airguitar :airguitar

And Proton -- hmmmmm --- who knows?

DotPainter
09-17-2002, 01:42 AM
Actually, it is odd that some have mentioned the FX line of particle products. When I was looking at the Japanese page, I also noticed a plugin called Jet Stream FX with some real nifty rendering effects for particles. It includes features like flames, smoke trails, sparks, explosions and force fields.... neat! Wonder why that wasn't incorporated along with the original PFX2! (Rhetorical question--- My flame suit is being cleaned...) I wonder if I can get an English version of that plugin!! That would be a super tool in the ol' chest

FX break promises to be a real leap technologically, since I don't know of too many hard body systems that actually break up objects without them being modelled as separate pieces first. But I could be wrong....

CIM
09-17-2002, 06:33 AM
"FX break promises to be a real leap technologically, since I don't know of too many hard body systems that actually break up objects without them being modelled as separate pieces first. But I could be wrong...."

Actually, I think Maya can do this already. I seem to recall seeing it in the manual--haven't tried it though. :shrug:

Dams
09-17-2002, 09:16 AM
You could now download the demo on the dstorm site

:bounce:

Mattoo
09-17-2002, 09:37 AM
Yeah, if you can read Japanese, Babel won't translate the form you have to fill out to get at the download........ arse burgers! :thumbsdow

Dams
09-17-2002, 10:18 AM
Babel translate it
i have downloaded the demo ;)

tr with Ctrl+C Ctrl+V :)

with this it work:thumbsup:

Mattoo
09-17-2002, 10:32 AM
Copy all that text into Babel?!?!?

.... you obviously have no idea how lazy I am. :D

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.