PDA

View Full Version : WEIRD Contrast behaviour in PS CS !!

TRick
02-15-2005, 07:13 PM
I recently started using Photoshop CS and have some strange behaviour with Brightness/Contrast (B/C).

Simply take a white image (RGB,8 bit) and move the contrast slider to -50. In PS7 and AfterFX this darkens the image. In PS CS it does nothing.
Now when I add some black stripes to the white image, and again move the contrast slider to -50, the image DOES darken in CS.
I could understand it as being a changed feature, but since its behaviour is different from AfterFX6.5 I really wonder what is going on.
Or is it my machine ??? :eek: :scream: :sad:

theGuest
02-16-2005, 11:28 AM
Can't say really why that happens with the bg layer. But if you use an Adjustment Layer to do this you'll find it works just fine. :)

Just another fine photoshop mystery i guess. :bounce:

berniebernie
02-16-2005, 04:16 PM
That's very strange indeed. I would say the CS version is the real one though because changinf the contrast on a totally white image shouldn't affect it since it is a unified color (no areas impede on other ones in terms of brightness)

theGuest
02-16-2005, 06:15 PM
changing the contrast on a totally white image shouldn't affect it since it is a unified color I agree completely with that. But when i tested this one for myself i did notice that if you add a new layer, but put nothing on it, and drop the contrast on that empty layer, it DOES effect the white bg. That doesn't really make much sense to me. Yet there it is. :shrug:

:bounce:

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 07:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.