PDA

View Full Version : Shocking news

BlueEyeLizard
02-15-2005, 05:32 PM
Hey Iím back! Internet was not working for a while and I missed it very much! This is a new project that I started more aimed towards my childrenís illustration portfolio. The detail is not coming out the way I want. Iím not sure what it is I want to change about it. I thought that I should get some input. I still need to add a lot of detail to it. I was wondering some options on how to make hair brushes in Photoshop (for his main). I did the basic one on the adobe website but its not giving me the effect that I want.

Suggestions?

walrus
02-15-2005, 05:38 PM
Hey, Lizard! Looking good so far! I've been bulking up my children's illustration portfolio some too, as you've seen, so i can definately empathize.

What I tend to do for fur brushes is just draw a bunch of black dots on white random but evenly spaces, marquee that, and Define Brush. I then set that brush to have Spacing = 0 and work with that. When I use that brush, I make sure that the pen tablet affects opacity but not size. It may take a few tries to get the bristles in the exact arrangment that will work for you, and I often need to define several brushes, some for bigger ares, some for detail work, but you could give it a shot. Hope this helps at all. I think detailing the fur on the zebra will really strengthen the piece a lot!

One more note: The bird's doesn't feel focussed on the zebra's face. Instead, it feels like it's looking at the zebra's ear. A slight adjustment may help them read like they're talking together a bit more.

good luck!

-mike

BlueEyeLizard
02-15-2005, 07:13 PM
Thanks Walrus, I will try to drop the birds gaze and head. I am still learning on my new wacom tablet trying to figure out how the tips work.

mybutterflyiris
02-15-2005, 10:44 PM
I really like your composition for this piece.
I think however that there are a few spots that are a little bit too blurred, and places that could use a bit more defining. Like the back part of the zebra's ear seems really blurry where it meets the mane...and the nose of the zebra also seems like it could be a bit more refined.

MDN67
02-16-2005, 07:06 AM
A other animals for your galerie, good painting, you will be must add detail on the "zebre", i don't know what is the word in english

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 08:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.