PDA

View Full Version : Batching w/ glightwave.exe

glassefx
02-15-2005, 04:55 PM
Does anyone know if one can batch-process .lwo object files using SideFX's supplied LW geometry processor?

Also does anyone know if they have an updated "object definition" 'cause I have to save objects in LW at 5.5 files to get Houdini to read them...

dantea
02-16-2005, 12:34 AM
Why not write a batch/shell script to call glightwave multiple times?

glassefx
02-16-2005, 02:15 PM
Dantea, Thanx!

It's 'cause I'm Lazy! Nagh, I actually am sort of disappointed because I consider myself an old pro within dos. It's been ages since I've wrote a batch file... I've been digesting the "new" script host and all of it's trappings... I need to spend a weekend "batching"- here at work I need a few myself for file prunning. I have to keep up with thousands of black-lines and their related stages of approval in the construction business. Basically I've had my head inside of debabalyzer for too long!

peace

MG
02-18-2005, 07:25 PM
Why not write a batch/shell script to call glightwave multiple times?
I was about to suggest that...

It's 'cause I'm Lazy! Nagh, I actually am sort of disappointed because I consider myself an old pro within dos. It's been ages since I've wrote a batch file... I've been digesting the "new" script host and all of it's trappings... I need to spend a weekend "batching"- here at work I need a few myself for file prunning. I have to keep up with thousands of black-lines and their related stages of approval in the construction business. Basically I've had my head inside of debabalyzer for too long!

peace
I'm not really a DOS person, even in Windows I use and prefer Cygwin (http://www.cygwin.org) over DOS. So, as far as UNIX-style shell scripting goes, you could do something like this:

#!/bin/sh

for i in object.*.lwo
do
glightwave -s $i $i.bgeo
done

The input of my example would be: "object.$F3.lwo" ("object.001.lwo", "object.002.lwo", "object.003.lwo", "object.003.lwo" ..) and the output should become: "object.$F3.lwo.bgeo" ("object.001.lwo.bgeo", "object.002.lwo.bgeo", "object.003.lwo.bgeo", "object.003.lwo.bgeo" ..)

jiversen
02-21-2005, 03:23 AM
Doing batch mode stuff in DOS is quite icky - I don't blame you for not wanting to do it. Do you have Houdini Select+? Or are you on Apprentice? If you have Select, you can render geometry sequences very easily using the Geometry ROP.

Take care,
Jason

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 04:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.