PDA

View Full Version : Pimp Walk

Pascaru
02-15-2005, 03:40 PM
hey all,

please critique this walk cycle, left hand's in the pocket.. walking like a "thug" ..

http://pascalhang.free.fr/DLD/KairaWalk.mov

thanks
P.H.

Ls3D
02-15-2005, 08:12 PM
Slow down, this blood is bookin. I also think a bit of leg drag could put more character into the cycle, more specifically the asymmetry of the shoulders is created by dragging one leg a bit.

Looking good, totally usable as is, but perhaps try my suggestions on a purley exploratory basis. Also be sure and pimp walk around a bit, comparing styles with your peeps if posible.

-S

Pinet
02-16-2005, 06:18 AM
it doesnt look like a pimp if you dont know it is one!
I dunno what kinda pimp you wanna make but i think a pimp should be more relaxed than him :)

heavyness
02-16-2005, 06:49 AM
maybe add his head movin around some more [side to side]. i also agree to slow him down a bit. and maybe have him lean back a bit.

looks good!

Pascaru
02-16-2005, 11:05 AM
thanks ..

Ls3D and kole, i'll slow it down..

Pinet, i didn't mean to make him a "pimp", that's why i said "thug" beteween "" .. my objective was to make him walk like one of them thugs or hoodlums we see in the streets of Paris. can't really explain, but the thugs are differents everywhere.. and this is how some of them walk here. I'll add a couple props and the ones who seen it before will recognize. Thanks for your comment tho.
so yea, i'm not asking "does he look like a pimp", but "is this walk believable"?

Kole, the walk i want to have doesn't have the "lean back".. but could work too :)

GameFace
02-16-2005, 03:40 PM
WHOA!! WHOA!! WHOA!!.

""my objective was to make him walk like one of them thugs or hoodlums we see.""

exactly whooo are you refering to when you say like one of them...?

my crit... Lean back some.. get him more relaxed slow it down.. the left leg is lifting too high. and slow down.. now there is a difference between "one of them" pimp walk and "one of them" hoodlum walk where the hand in the pocket is not convincing on both sides.. if your trying to nail the animation i can see that but if your trying to nail a pymp or hoodlum walk the hand in the pocket comes accorss as fake acting.

good luck

Pascaru
02-16-2005, 03:50 PM
Gameface,

"one of them" i meant "them" over here in Europe.. i don't know how to explain it... i know some thugs in Paris, and met some in the US too.. i probably shouldn't have used the word "Pimp".. the hand in the pocket IS part of how it is here.

so ok, here i'm tryin to nail A WALK ... sorry about the wrong use of "pimp". hehe

but thanks for the leg lift comment.

thanks
P.

Tris3d
02-16-2005, 04:11 PM
Looks good! All I think you need to do is have his right shoulder lower slightly when the arm goes back and raise when the arm goes forward! :thumbsup:

CGTalk Moderation
02-16-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.