PDA

View Full Version : convert to file texture - HELP NEEDED

Cleveland
02-15-2005, 04:05 PM
hi all, i was wondering if you could help me with a little problem i'm having. i'm a beginner and i would like to texture this head: http://www.phlebasnine.com/Assets/rendertest.jpg
i've removed the misss skin shader and replaced it with a simple flesh colored lambert. i select the lambert and the head and in the hypershade edit>convert to file texture>options bake shadows. the resulting file comes out either black or black with white highlights where the shadows should be. i've tried every option in the convert to file texture>options and nothing makes any difference. or rather nothing makes it work. any suggestions? is there another way to achieve the same thing?? any suggestions at all? oh, and i've unwrapped the UV's properly, for what it's worth.

please help guys.

thanking you in advance.

ps, i've searched all these threads and haven't found any one that addresses my problem...

Jackdeth
02-15-2005, 04:59 PM
Umm, why do you want to bake out the shadow?

Cleveland
02-15-2005, 06:00 PM
Umm, why do you want to bake out the shadow?

umm, i thought that was the way to do it. i've turned the shadows off, too, but to no avail. thanks for looking, though.

Jackdeth
02-15-2005, 06:24 PM
Okay, I''ll ask again. Why do you want to do that.

Cleveland
02-15-2005, 09:08 PM
oh, I think you're trying to ask me WHAT i'm trying to do. i want to paint all the maps and rather just doing it on the uv coordinate map i wanted to do it on top of a texture file that's shadowed and stuff. i saw the grand moff tarkin guy do it and it looked sensible. so you get a base to start on that looks like stretched skin over the geometry rather than the UV mesh. make sense? so that's what i'm trying to do and why i want to convert to file texture. now can anybody possibly help me to figure out how to make it work?

thank you.

CGTalk Moderation
02-15-2006, 10:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.