PDA

View Full Version : Mirroring Cluster Weights

aaronseymour
02-15-2005, 09:02 AM
I have created a number of weighted clusters on one side of a characters face and now I want to recreate them for the opposite side. Is there a way to mirror the weights assigned to each cluster to a new cluster?

(and no, as far as I can tell it's not possible with the Mirror Skin Weights option?)

Thanks...

Atwooki
02-18-2005, 01:35 AM
This might help :)

Atwooki

Dromond
12-20-2005, 04:00 PM
What might help? (I have the same issue.)

Ultrasonic
12-21-2005, 03:24 PM
Hi Guys...

...i've written a script for doing that ages ago...hope you find it usefull...it only works for mirroring Clusters on Polys at X-Axis !!!.

Another feature is that you can mirror DrivenKeys driving your Cluster ;)

This is extremely BETA and you are free to use this script at your own risk...If you find it usefull or have additions to it, then drop me a line in this thread.

NolanSW
12-21-2005, 04:08 PM
Holy Crap, this acually works. Nice job and thanks for sharing. It's kind of querky to use but it does the trick.

Dromond
12-21-2005, 04:30 PM
I can't seem to make this work properly. I get the window up and run it and everything seems fine however the resulting mirrored cluster has no weighting and no effect on the mesh. I've tried mirroring X- to X+ and vice versa :/

Ultrasonic
12-22-2005, 02:33 AM
As i said this script is extremly beta...

@Dromond: If you would like to share a part of geometry where it doesn't work, please do so and I will see what I can do to make the script work....have you tried it on a simple polySphere? Maybe your vertices aren't exactly mirrored...i've coded the script using 0.001 units tolerance.

I'll reply in about 8 hours ;) Must go to bed right now...we have 4:30 a.m. here in germany :wise:

I would really like to have some feedback to improve this script as it seems that there is no other option right now to mirror clusters...I gave up coding cause there was no need to, but i would really like to help the community as good as i can...

stayin' tuned...
Oliver

CGTalk Moderation
12-22-2005, 02:33 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.