PDA

View Full Version : Splines Video Tutorials

Raider007
09-15-2002, 12:56 AM
hey, i hope tis is the right place to put this...i've been using lightwave off and on, here and there, kinda trying to pick it up on my free time at school. Anyways, i'm kinda teaching myself, cause i took the lightwave class they taught at the school and it was more of an intro to 3d than anything. So what i've learned has been very very basic. everything else i know has kina been self tuaght.

so anyways, i'm kinda reached a point where i can't pass. I've checked out tutorials for splines but for me, i havne't been able to grasp the idea. I've used some of those Lightwave training videos, but i don't have one that teaches splines. Can someone help me and tell me where i can find a spline video tut? that would be great :D

thanx all, and i hope this isn't the wrong place to put this thread.

Kaiser_Sose
09-15-2002, 01:17 AM
Dood, where do I know you from, I know that name somewhere :shame:

Check out splinegod.com

nx01
09-15-2002, 02:16 AM
LW Applied 6.5/7 book has a very good bonus section explaining spline. Once you go through it you'll be able to do a lot of crazy shapes with it.

Steve Warner
09-15-2002, 04:28 AM
It's not video, but LWG has an excellent tutorial on using splines to build a Ford Mustang. If that doesn't teach you what you need to know, I can't think of what will.

Here's the link:

http://63.172.126.113:8080/forums/showthread.php?threadid=4936&perpage=25&pagenumber=1

Hope this helps,

Steve

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.