View Full Version : Cartoon Walk
02-15-2005, 12:57 AM
took some little time off to work on a cartoon walk cycle..
(156ko - "save target as" to loop it)
let me know what needs to be improved, thanks a lot
02-15-2005, 02:44 AM
is there any way you can export this clip to autoloop? Currently I have no way of looping the clip without clicking play over and over..
02-15-2005, 08:03 AM
looking good now. make a loop so that we can see it carefully :)
02-15-2005, 10:41 AM
here's the loop:
02-15-2005, 11:05 AM
- he does really huge arms movement compare to the "certain rigidity" of the hip...
the arms could work like this, but for that you should also eagerate the hip vertical movement.
- the rythm you gave to the arms almost make me think he should jump a little...like happy walkcycle...don't know the name in english...
- for the moment don't concentrate on overlaping, but don't forget to do it for the toes especially if he's suppose to be very cartoony.
- the fact that he has only one frame with straight leg for each step make it little bit rough...but I'm not sure...should check...
- his head rotates too much.
- his shoulder rotates a lot here...why not...I think his hip should do the same then...opposite side...
do you have Richard Williams book ?
02-15-2005, 11:27 AM
here's an update:
let me know what u think now
(yes i have the richard williams book)
02-16-2005, 08:59 AM
The update looks alot better! Its looking alot more fluid with the head moving less. Good job so far! This seems to be a very happy walkcycle = )
02-16-2005, 04:55 PM
holly crap Leandrone has a really good eye. Hey pasc really good improvement. This might be just me but i would like to see -
when the arm extends back more eblow animation.. such as the arm stopping or slowing down but then the elbow finishing up late so you get that extension on the elbow. i think it would make it more fluid.
also right after it leaves the ground it should be rotated back some more right after leaving the ground. it looks to me.. a little stiff upon leaving the ground. maybe it should be more relaxed slight sorta flappy...
these are just what i think.. what do you think guys?
02-22-2005, 01:52 PM
thanks gameface.. i'll finish it up this week.
02-22-2006, 02:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.
vBulletin v3.0.5, Copyright ©2000-2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.