PDA

View Full Version : Free Tech Support for LW

proton
09-15-2002, 01:41 AM
This is just a quick reminder that NewTek gives free Tech support for their products.....so when you run into a problem with hardware issues or installation problems, etc. ....they should be the first place to go.....they have years of experience dealing with all sorts of issues....and remember....it's Free:buttrock:

mjm
09-15-2002, 02:33 AM
Yeah, plus they're just generally cool people. Easy to talk to and very helpful :)

wgreenlee1
09-15-2002, 08:33 AM
You know the funny thing is...
This (Lightwave) is about the only thing Ive bought that I havent one single thing go wrong(that wasnt my fault to begin with).
I called the first time when I got it just to get my serial number and since then I havent called them and they havent called me.
It never crashes.
It never causes windoz to crash.
Its one reliable software package.

Thanks Newtek!

takkun
09-15-2002, 05:12 PM
Wow, I didn't know it was free! So Proton, are you reminding us because not enough people are calling for help, kind of like that Maytag guy?

proton
09-15-2002, 05:20 PM
We get alot of calls.....But I've been seeing some posts recently that could be easily answered by the Tech dept. , I also feel that if the end user doesn't call tech support maybe they aren't working with a registered copy of LW...

I think it's great that Tech is free and I think all companies should offer it....it's one of those things that NewTek has always done and it a great value to the end user.....so take advantage of it:buttrock:

anim8r2
09-16-2002, 12:43 AM
I also feel that if the end user doesn't call tech support maybe they aren't working with a registered copy of LW...

Just out of curiosity, how many "What's a dongle?" calls do you guys get? :)

proton
09-16-2002, 02:26 AM
I'll have to ask the guys in Tech Support that one :)

DigitalDeuce
09-16-2002, 02:29 AM
Just out of curiosity, how many "What's a dongle?" calls do you guys get?

I get about 5 every two weeks.

:shame:

Lizard Head
09-16-2002, 02:32 AM
OK!!! 5 every two weeks!!! so whats the standard responce? this one I gotta hear

DigitalDeuce
09-16-2002, 03:04 AM
It really depends.

It depends on whether I had my cup of coffee yet.
It depends on whether I had a good nights sleep.
It depends on whether I have any work to do.
It depends on whether I had a computer crash that day.
It depends on whether I feel evil or not.

Usually, they just get a small non-judgemental, non-confrontational definition, then links to NewTek, links to the special offers (if any), and tell them about the Demo (Discovery Edition now) and educational pricing.

Unless I'm in a 'mood'.

:twisted:

Lizard Head
09-16-2002, 08:29 AM
Well thats real civil of you Double D.. I was expecting something along the lines of a conversation on the phone going something like.... " YOU DUMB F*CKING A*8HOL% ......etc etc etc"

isnowboard
09-16-2002, 11:34 AM
lol

DigitalDeuce
09-16-2002, 01:16 PM
You know what kind of community the LightWaver's are.

Why spoil that? I have sold LightWave that way -- sometimes, it pays to be civil.

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 05:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.