PDA

View Full Version : stereoscopic rendering plugin?

Thell
02-14-2005, 10:20 AM
as the topic says, I wonder if there is a stereoscopic rendering plugin for maya avaliable?

groblus
02-14-2005, 11:56 AM
a stereo image is a composition of two images 'normal' images, one is rendered for the left eye, and the second rendered for the right eye, so basicly you two cameras in your scene that will render left-eye and right-eye images; as far as i remember (i havent used it thou) a 'stereo plugin' is avaiable within bonustools for either maya 5 and 6 (although there seems to be some problem with the one supplied with maya6), which creates a stereo camera rig. when you have your images rendered then you have to composite them, it depends wether you want a red-cyan anaglyph (i hope it's spelled like this) or an image for combined with a computer lcd glasses. there are a lot of tutorials on making stereo images and a bunch o freeware programs capable of compositing stereo images.
i hope it helps

elvis75k
02-14-2005, 05:36 PM
bonustool - stereo camera.. Parallel and LookAt - But does'nt work since maya 6.0 - You better create on your own.. If u need a stereo image red-blue glass you may do a search about anaglymph..

-elvis

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.