PDA

View Full Version : weird GL and rendering issue with Maya

twidup
02-14-2005, 12:54 AM
I have an object that I am importing from another package, thru a proven pipeline before, basically a LW model into maya for animation, but someone else is doing the texture work on it for me in maya. the UVs were laid out in LW.

Anyway to the point. when I go into Maya and start assigning textures to the various materials, they all go transparent, with a sort of diagonal line and the testures dont show up in either GL or in the render. this is happen on my system and on the texture artists system as well.

texturing and rendering are things I typically dont do in maya, so anyone have any suggestions on how to fix it?

thanks
-todd

lazzhar
02-14-2005, 08:43 AM
Is there any Alpha channel in the texture file? If so, just get rid of that in photoshop or disconnect the OutAlpha from the Transparency Slot in the HypderShade.
Good luck.

twidup
02-14-2005, 03:52 PM
hmmm, hadnt thought about that, but it was occuring still with 8 bit BW images as well.

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.