PDA

View Full Version : render problem..please help

dotsorg
02-12-2005, 09:46 PM
Can someone please explain how to render the exact thing what you see in the panel->camera window, it seems that always my object is further from the camera, when i render it, than i see it in the panel window, for example if i want to render only the EYE in the human head i position the camera so that in the panel window EXE is occupying the most of the view but when i render it in my pictre maya will render the whole head liek i position the camera further than it appears in the panel window...

LehaS
02-13-2005, 10:13 AM
In Camera settings switch ON Resolution Gate....MAYA will render just the area within the gate...this area is defined by the reslution in Render Globals.....

Cheers

Alexiii

dotsorg
02-15-2005, 01:41 PM
Thanx Alexi it seems that that was the problem, the only thing is that i cannot see the resolution gate outline when im looking perspective or camera , in ortographic panles i can see it normaly...

Mr Majestic
02-15-2005, 06:20 PM
hmmm should come up green, might want to delete or pref files see if something u changed has done that, other than that I dont know whats goin on there.

ahmedtharik
02-16-2005, 09:01 AM
hi, about not able see res. gate when in perps or camera view maybe because of the overscan. If you are using maya6, go to camera attribute editor and under Display Options - overscan should be reduced to 1.3 or even lesser. This will make res. gate visible.

dotsorg
02-18-2005, 10:27 AM
Thany Tharik, the solution was in changing the overscan value, but i should make it higher up to 2.0 and then i can see the resolution gate box..
Thanx to all of you guys once more..

CGTalk Moderation
02-18-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.