PDA

View Full Version : Showreel critique

hasiro
02-12-2005, 03:25 PM
I will send a Showreel to different companies in Switzerland and Germany.
Can you make a Critique for my Showreel?
Can you say me what i should make better for my reel?

The link for the reel is: http://www.infinity-reality.com/showreel/haslerroger.mov (17MB)

This clips are from my school projects. (SAE Zurich "Digital Animation Program")

I know the problem with the Aspect Ratio in the first clips. I will still correct.

Best regards
Roger Hasler

squib
02-16-2005, 04:01 PM
I almost feel bad about critiquing this, but you did ask for it. It ain't gonna be pretty, though.

Ditch everything on your reel. Redo the whole thing from scratch. The modeling, texturing, and lighting for the CD player wasn't particularly impressive, and the camera motion was irritating (it's no good if the thing you're supposed to be looking at is offscreen). The pacing was very slow. If you're going to show composite work, it would be best to use your own footage.

What kind of job are you trying to get? Are you trying to be an animator? Modeler? Are you trying to do compositing work? Pick something you want to do, and learn to do it well.

If you want to model, there are forums here on CGTalk specifically for modeling, and some very good modelers frequent those forums. Same goes for animation and rigging. I imagine the compositing forum also has some good people in it (though I've never visited it myself). Visit those forums, study the techniques used, and practice. There are threads full of tutorials to go through. Practice. Try starting a WIP thread so people can give you crits as you go. Practice some more. Keep at it, and you'll improve.

AAAron
02-17-2005, 10:53 AM
Donīt let the hard critiq let you down though. Also if you focus on one thing you can consentrate on that, and your improvement will be faster.

/ Cheers Aron

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 11:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.