PDA

View Full Version : Renderpass in .PSD format.

kamsvag
02-12-2005, 12:42 PM
What I'd like to see in maya is a solution that alows you to render a scene to a series of .psd files with the different renderpasses on different layers. I know it's a dream, but it would be so cool to have a single scenefile with a single material on each object and still get a renderpass.

Cheers!

beaker
02-13-2005, 11:29 PM
The OpenEXR file format supports arbitrary data and is quickly becoming the defacto standard in film. It has support for 8, 16(clamped and float) and 32 bit float. Mental Ray supports EXR by default in Maya 6.5. Someone just has to write a Mental Ray plugin/output driver that will write out the renderpasses into the arbitrary channels of EXR. All the major compositors are adding EXR support.

kamsvag
02-14-2005, 12:02 AM
Sounds like a nice imageFormat. I know absolutely nothing about programing, I just know what I'd like to see as functions in the softwares I use. Guess that's pretty much how most people are. :-)

CGTalk Moderation
02-14-2006, 01:00 AM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.