PDA

View Full Version : Capture video from dvd

LEGC
02-12-2005, 03:27 AM
hi,

I need to capture video clips from a dvd that I own and I want to know how can I capture video from a DVD or if is any software available with that capabilities?

Thank You

Dutchman
02-12-2005, 02:05 PM
Thats what you call 'ripping'... For such 'fairly-small-apps-for-in-your-pipeline' ( ;) ) I'd assume to take a look at www.download.com (http://www.download.com) ... Just search 'advanced' and check 'free' (so that your sure its freeware, and that you don't mess your harddisk up with it, because you can't use it anymore after some time > demo ;) ), and just download it! Its legal! :)

Good luck on it,
Gijs

[ps: take care with copyrights etc...! It wouldn't be fun to get troubles with such actions of ripping stuff! :shrug: ;) ]

roguenroll
02-14-2005, 10:05 PM
dvdshrink...........

etana
02-21-2005, 05:21 PM
Any suggestions for software to record clips from a DVD? I don't really have any interest in ripping entire DVDs, but there are instances (ie. animation reference) where grabbing a 1 min clip from a movie would be very useful.

CGTalk Moderation
02-21-2006, 06:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.