PDA

View Full Version : Help needed loading Patterns

afimisf
09-14-2002, 06:16 AM
Hey all I'm new to CG talk and I have found this site to be a big help when i comes to getting out of those frustrating dead ends we all happen to come to. So first off thanks to all who have put down there 2 penies for those who were in desperate need of a direction to go. Now I appear to be at a dead and am unable to find help in past post so here goes.

I'm new to photoshop and I'm takin a class now to take care of that. I have homework due on tuesday and the thing that is really frustratin to me is that I am havin a hell of a time Loading patterns, rather than using the default textures in Photoshop7. I found one that I really wanted. It was on for 3d but I was told it's still possible. So my only options were to save as a jpeg which didn't work because when I go to load the pattern (texture) it only searches for the file format .PAT and I haven't been able to convert to that format with .jepg or even .psd. And besides I'm not even sure if I'm even heading in the right direction. So if anyone who comes across this know's where I'm coming from I would really apreciate any advice for it is verry well needed at this point in my image. Thank you for you taking the time to help out a dedicated student in need.

-Justin

P.S I have found a lot of breathtaking images poseted by various users in both the 2d and 3d rooms, and I look forward to postin some of my own as I began to expand.

-:buttrock:

Per-Anders
09-14-2002, 06:53 AM
Just load the texture as normal (i.e. File->Load) select all ([Apple]+[A] or [CTRL]+[A] or Select->All) then go to Edit->Define Pattern that should do the trick for you if you really need it as a pattern. (you can then save the pattern library as a.pat file then.

afimisf
09-14-2002, 08:30 PM
Thank You that was a lot easier than I was making it out to be

CGTalk Moderation
01-13-2006, 04:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.