PDA

View Full Version : Tricky one ?

JFFORTIN
02-11-2005, 06:19 PM
Hi guys.
Im looking for that.i ve done that 2 years ago and cant reminber how ve doen it so i need help.
I want let says i have Cube_1 and Cube_2...when i roatate Cube_1 Cube_2 Rotate and when i roatate Cube_2 Cube_1 will rotate as well.or move or scale ....warning no cycle warning i want it clean........:D
Thx

VictorMartins
02-16-2005, 12:26 PM
Well, you can use constraints to move one and move the other has well, or the connection editor to connect attributs, let's say, rotation connects to scale.
Or is you want some really fancy stuff, write some expressions for the attributs.
It's pretty simple.

thematt
02-16-2005, 01:39 PM
Well, you can use constraints to move one and move the other has well, or the connection editor to connect attributs, let's say, rotation connects to scale.
Or is you want some really fancy stuff, write some expressions for the attributs.
It's pretty simple.

no,no all that will work but in only one direction...I think he ask for a way to have an the attribute drive eachother, so it will work in both way..

Hi guys.
Im looking for that.i ve done that 2 years ago and cant reminber how ve doen it so i need help.
I want let says i have Cube_1 and Cube_2...when i roatate Cube_1 Cube_2 Rotate and when i roatate Cube_2 Cube_1 will rotate as well.or move or scale ....warning no cycle warning i want it clean........:D
Thx

Due to the Dg in maya, it's hard to think that it could be possible..mostly without cycle check error..
but sure some other will know better.

Sorry can't help you there..if you find i'll be intersted too.
BTW on your website, there is no way to download your mel script or watch your tuts? is this normal?
c

cheers

JFFORTIN
02-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Hi guys about my question thematt is right he understand what i mean i need both object to control each other,everytime i try i run a cycle error.........
And yes about my website its normal i didnt update it im trying but im so busy.....
for tut u can fund the one about skinnig on www.syflex.biz (http://www.syflex.biz/) in tutorial section........
And if anyone find a answer to my problem dont hesitate to post !

poly-phobic
02-16-2005, 07:23 PM
use a hierarchical approach.
remember grouping creates a new transform node independent of its child.
i can have one cube group control the other cube, and that cube controled by the group can be grouped and controlling the first cube.

Edit--- that will not quite be what you are trying to do.

only way is to use MEL to script something quickly. or maybe some of mayas utility nodes may do the trick.

JFFORTIN
02-16-2005, 07:31 PM
Hi Vladimir i would like to see your scen because hierarchical approach means cube are parented one under the toher even if u use grp so if u want one both cube to control each other u need to constrian the one who become child by default and u run into a cyclir error for sure.........so if u got that kind of scene i would like to see ur approch.......
Bye

poly-phobic
02-17-2005, 04:15 PM
edit----- try to find tat script

ietra
02-17-2005, 04:16 PM
I remember seeing a plugin or script on HighEnd for this. Never tried it, so I don't know how it works, but the author called it a "bi-directional constraint." Search around there and you should find it.

M.E.L.
02-17-2005, 06:52 PM
Just off the top of my head you could write this into an expression based off the selection of an object...

pseudo code would be something like

if (selection =pCube1)
{
pcube1.Attribute = pCube2.attribute
}

else if (selection = pCube2)
{
pcube2.Attribute = pCube1.attribute
}

rough code there, vlad's idea is another valid one..it gives you essentially what you are looking for but just requires pickwalking to get there.

(http://www.creaturetd.net/cube_test.ma) The Test Scene (http://www.creaturetd.net/cube_test.ma)

there's a quick little rendition of what vlad was talking about.

-shawn

JFFORTIN
02-17-2005, 08:46 PM
i guys i ve seen the plugin and its for mayas 5 and i dont want any plgin and sorry MEL no expression ether ...i know there is a kinfd of trick with constraint or node will be fine ....thx guys for helping me..and also Vlad its good idea but its base on Mel setup and its not working for that reason...MEL move Cube2 in translation and u ll see ur group is not following the setup[ so if i want to rotate that group he is no longer in the middle of the cube .
i really need 2 cube control each other and evertythign need to follow........i almost got it but when i rotate one the other vube doenst take the same value stupid cyclic :S.

CGTalk Moderation
02-17-2006, 09:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.