PDA

View Full Version : 3D compositing - desperate newbie needs help

doimus
02-11-2005, 04:55 PM
OK, I'm a total newbie in the area of 3D compositing. I mean, as far as 3D multipass endering it's ok, I'm holding very well on that issue.
Problems arise when I try to combine that into something meaningful.... I guess I'm getting something wrong right at the core and I need someone to show me the correct path.

As I said, I'm okay with basic 3D compositing, i.e. I can render various passes of a scene (let's say diffuse, shadow, reflection and occlusion), put all those images into different layers and compose nice little image in a photo software (it's Paint Shop Pro 9 in this case).

The hell starts when I try to do that with image sequences. I downloaded quite a few trial versions of video editing software and I run into same problem in each one of them. Basically I'm trying to do the same thing: load sequences and combine them into one single animation by using various blending options for each layer. What frustrates me is that I just can't do that in video editing software! (and that'a after doing a bit of RTFM :sad: )

I'm asking for someone to explain the pure basic concept of manipulating sequences inside video editing software, as I guess I'm getting something terribly wrong right from the start...

I feel like looking at one of those weird unrecognizable images wich become 3D pistures when you tilt your eyes properly... well i need someone to explain me how to tilt my eyes in this case. :shrug:

Thanks in advance everybody, and sorry if my question seems silly or whatever....

azazel
02-11-2005, 07:47 PM
Video editing software? like premiere ? That won't do... you need compositing app - after effects, digital fusion etc. Editing and compositing are two different things.

CGTalk Moderation
02-11-2006, 08:00 PM
This thread has been automatically closed as it remained inactive for 12 months. If you wish to continue the discussion, please create a new thread in the appropriate forum.